San Antonio City Manager Sheryl Sculley Steps Down After 13 Years

1,985 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by valtosca
valtosca
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://therivardreport.com/san-antonio-city-manager-sheryl-sculley-steps-down-after-13-years/
Burdizzo
AG
Is it possible to have the opinion that she did a good job but was also overpaid?
Burdizzo
AG
Oh, and if I were sculley I would drop the lawsuit (which the city jus did) and give the farm away to the fire union so everyone can hate on them for the next 10 years.
MookieBlaylock
AG
So pass a prop to run her out can't wait for the next hire
p_bubel
The newby will probably make less than the assistant city managers they manage. That's a winner.

It's amateur hour again in San Antonio.
Nom de Plume
AG
$2.8B budget, 12k employees, by most accounts doing a great job and she's overpaid at $475k? I never really understood the fuss.
Burdizzo
AG
Nom de Plume said:

$2.8B budget, 12k employees, by most accounts doing a great job and she's overpaid at $475k? I never really understood the fuss.

In a town where a lot of people don't work and love on government entitlements, it has little to do with worth and more to do with jealousy.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Friday rush hour is 1 pm homey
MookieBlaylock
AG
Also the she made more than the President argument was ruined when Trump took zero salary

She makes less than the United Way director and the local Goodwill thief

Think about that
FIDO95
AG
She also made less then the chancellors at UTSA and UIW. I guess those two schools are bigger organizations then the city they are in. It amazes me that no is complaining about those salaries in a day and age when everyone is dealing with increasing tuition.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
rwtxag83
AG
FIDO95 said:

She also made less then the chancellors at UTSA and UIW. I guess those two schools are bigger organizations then the city they are in. It amazes me that no is complaining about those salaries in a day and age when everyone is dealing with increasing tuition.

Exactly. Chancellor at UIW making more than the city manager is a joke. Ridiculous. Might be different if UIW was some sort of academic paragon like Rice, but it's not even in the same universe.
Greater love hath no man than this....
Sports-Ag
AG
Ksat just confirmed the city bond rating has already downgraded from AAA to AA+. The city said it's the result of last month approval of Plan B and C.

It ends the streak of 9 straight years with a AAA rating.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Shocked I am

Unbelievable how stupid democrats are
valtosca
AG
https://therivardreport.com/fitch-downgrades-san-antonios-bond-rating-from-aaa-to-aa/

This is good if true:
""The anticipated impact of the split rating (two rating agencies at 'AAA' and one rating agency at 'AA+') on the pricing for this specific transaction is expected to be minimal, if any," according to a memo sent by Sculley and Gorzell to City Council."

Had only Prop A passed I would've seen no reason for any agency to reduce the rating because other cities with AAA ratings had the same language as what Prop A was. Austin would be one example.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.