Tree trimming service?

2,094 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Aquin
Old Jock 1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have a recommendation for San Antonio? Any idea how the price hourly? By the tree? By the job? We need trimming and haul away. Thanks.
hook60
I think everyone does it by the job. I've heard good things about Davey. Do NOT use Out on a Limb as I did. Horrible experience.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Most tree trimmers will give you a high ball price on a job. Allowing you to negotiate with them.
Gig 'em! '90
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
My wife called Out on a Limb to get a quote (one of several) before I knew about it. Based on what was discussed previously here, I wouldn't have had them out to the house anyway, but they saved me the trouble, they never returned the call.

If has any potential to be be over a roof area or fence, make sure there is insurance.

AgsMyDude
AG
hook60 said:

I think everyone does it by the job. I've heard good things about Davey. Do NOT use Out on a Limb as I did. Horrible experience.

Really? I've had them out twice now and happy both times.
hook60
Really! Did not treat wounds until next day. Improper cuts. Left huge branches IN pool overnight. Scrapes/marks on side of house and too lazy to wash off soap when Randy (owner) came to clean it up after I complained. Said he did not see a hose (was on other side of house). Somewhat confrontational about agreed upon job. Crew took 2.5 hour lunch in front of house sitting in truck (I assume so they wouldn't be tracked via gps) and then said they didn't have enough time to finish the things I thought were included in bid. I will admit tree work bids are hard to be specific enough on, but if he told me it would be a full 10 hour job I expected them to work and not just be on premise. Sat in truck for 30 minutes to finish off the day as well.
Old Jock 1997
AG
Thank you. I will avoid Out on a Limb.
AgsMyDude
AG
Interesting, will keep that in mind for next time. Thought they did a great job the 2 times they were out.
WillowCityTX_C5L1
AG
Call fellow Ag... Frank - Trusted Tree Trimmers of Texas (210) 777-5323.

Just helped me remove several large trees... on time, clean, dependable in the NW Military & 1604
Old Jock 1997
AG
Thank you for the recommendation on Tree Trimmers of TX. We've hired him for the job. Pretty expensive but he seems to know what he's doing.
HillCountryRetreatAg
S
I had Bartlett clean our property. Worked with Tony and he came out, did a thorough estimate and answered all my questions. The day the crew arrived Tony was there to be sure all was correct. After job was done not a scrape of trash was on the ground. They did an fantastic job for me.
Aquin
AG
I took your advise and called Frank Jarzombek with Trusted Trees, 210-364-6934 cell. I needed to get some limbs of the roof and generally clear around the house. His crew was professional, quick, and cleaned the place after they were through. I was very pleased. Thanks for the recommendation.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.