Suggestions for good home security companies in SA

1,237 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bjh19
$240 Worth of Pudding
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
House I bought is already wired but appears the company that did the install/monitoring is no longer in business.

Anybody have any good suggestions or horror stories to definitely steer clear of?

Thanks!
ValleyRatAg
AG
I think the home security company is becoming a thing of the past.

Do a self install of the Ring system. Their monitoring is inexpensive compared to the companies that are financing the system through their monitoring.
F4GIB71
Moved into house almost four years ago. Wife insisted on alarm system so signed with ADT for 3 years. Counted the days until the contract expired so I could put in my own SimpliSafe system. Easy to install and reasonable monitoring charge. They just introduced their doorbell which I added. My only complaint is that I am still waiting for them to introduce an outdoor camera. I have one indoor camera which works great but no outdoor camera yet.
Vernada
AG
https://www.smiththompson.com/
bam02
AG
I agree with the first two replies, but also agree with Smith Thompson if you are gonna use an actual monitoring service. They do a great job for a very reasonable price. No contract either, at least when I used them 6 or 7 years ago.
CoolaidWade
AG
Security One is a local company founded by a couple of SAPD officers. I was really impressed with their customer service and install.

The call center is also local and every time we accidentally set off the alarm they are calling both my wife and my phone in about 15 seconds.

No contract.

https://securityoneinc.com/
A New Hope
Do not use adt. They suck.
bjh19
AG
Smith Thompson. In the insurance field so I see other companies cost per month and they are half. Additionally customer service always good when needed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.