Kid friendly restaurant

1,556 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by $240 Worth of Pudding
reproag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stopping in SA on our way to the Frio and looking for a place to eat with 3 little ones.

Looking HERE and was thinking of trying Two Bros Meat Market. Like the play ground and patio but how is the food. Any other recommendations. We are staying on the west side or town if that helps. TIA
I will NEVER apologize for being American
LCE
AG
If you're heading down 90, Big'z on 151 is an option. Decent burgers and plenty of room for kids to run around
reproag
AG
Big z looks like a good option. Have you eaten at Two Bro's?
LCE
AG
Yes. It's been a while and it's suppose to be good. It was just okay to me about 6 months ago.
jschroeder
It's good BBQ but really not a place worth going out of your way for.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Bigz was borderline terrible back in February when we stayed at Hyatt hill country. And this is coming from someone who can handle mediocre food if there is a decent enough playground, but I wouldn't qualify what we had as even that.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Two Bros. can be some of the best BBQ anywhere. Get there earlier (11:30ish) rather than later. The brisket is much more flavorful and moist than later in the day.
UnderoosAg
AG
Willie's also has decent food and playgrounds or sandboxes.
http://i.imgur.com/H6jmyPq.png
reproag
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

Two Bros. can be some of the best BBQ anywhere. Get there earlier (11:30ish) rather than later. The brisket is much more flavorful and moist than later in the day.
Thanks. We are staying the night in SA so looking to eat super.
reproag
AG
Beckdiesel03 said:

Bigz was borderline terrible back in February when we stayed at Hyatt hill country. And this is coming from someone who can handle mediocre food if there is a decent enough playground, but I wouldn't qualify what we had as even that.
Also staying there. Drive to two bros doesn't look that bad so I think we will give it a try.
Beckdiesel03
AG
We loved our trip there even though we live just in NB. Have a great trip.
GinaLinetti
AG
Blanco bbq has a big playground as well. Ive never been though. Ive heard the cove is good and they have a big play area
Burdizzo
AG
Cove has good burgers and a big ol' play area. They often have live music too. Just be careful about where you park your car.
AgShaun00
AG
two brothers is good, but i think it is overpriced.
fido00
AG
I second The Cove. The location is not great, but the food and atmosphere are good (It may be too hot to sit outside thought).
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
AgShaun00 said:

two brothers is good, but i think it is overpriced.

I think it's better than "good" but it's definitely overpriced
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.