Places to rent in SA

1,422 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by loveaTm
Guy on a Buffalo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also posted this on AO...

I have a friend whose daughter is moving to Texas to take a job with Sea World. She's single and just out of school, and looking for an apartment to rent on the west side of town. Any suggestions of areas for her to check out (or more importantly to avoid)?

I don't know the area very well so I was hoping for advice.

TIA

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
Walter Kovacs
AG
Potranco to Bandera around 1604 is where I would focus. Particularly Alamo Ranch and Westover hills. That would make for a 10 minute commute. The farther she is from 410 or Marbach the better.
Señor Chang
AG
The Alamo Ranch area near Sea World is okay from a safety perspective, but the traffic around there sucks and there aren't any places to go out nearby, if she's into that. Popular areas for young people are the Pearl and the Rim, but those are going to be expensive.
AggieDarlin
AG
What is her budget?

As a poster stated above, stay away from Marbach. And anything close to 410 (in the sea world area). I'd focus staying outside the 1604 loop to guarantee avoiding crappy areas.

If she's already got some places in mind, you can post them here and we can provide some feedback.
f2foxes2001
AG
Quarry/pearl/Tobin hill/montevista/09. Life outside 410 Sounds ok, but would be too dull for me. Arts, young people, social scene are too great not to be in the aforementioned neighborhoods. This is not San Antonio of the 1990s .
Ulrich
f2foxes2001 said:

Quarry/pearl/Tobin hill/montevista/09. Life outside 410 Sounds ok, but would be too dull for me. Arts, young people, social scene are too great not to be in the aforementioned neighborhoods. This is not San Antonio of the 1990s .

Someone just out of school working at Sea World is highly unlikely to be able to afford those areas.
loveaTm
AG
What about apartments around Babcock & 1604? Since kind of close to UTSA? Seems like it would be (more) affordable, the commute to Sea World would go against traffic and there would be a younger crowd around the Rim.
Take it with a grain of salt because I know nothing.
Signed,
45 year old woman with 3 children ;-)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.