Central Texas Aggies, Warning on West End Autos in New Braunfels

1,845 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bonfarr
clendenin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After buying a used truck for my son and the issues that followed I want to warn Aggies about this group. Here is my google review:

Ford F150 truck had a bad transmission and the dealer cleared the check engine error code and lied and said there was no issue with the truck. His excuse that it was connected to a GPS that is hidden on all their autos causing a short in readout. Before truck traveled 50 miles, the check engine warning came up again as well as a transmission warning on the overdrive selector.

After I had the truck taken to a transmission shop in Bryan Texas they said it needed to be rebuilt at cost of several thousand dollars. When I called the dealership back they offered no help whatsoever.

Under no circumstances would I work with this dealership again after they lied to me and then claimed no responsibility and didn't deal in good faith. Don't be fooled by previous reviews like I was or an award from New Braunfels newspaper 4 years ago.
Beckdiesel03
AG
We drive by there after soccer games and it was always puzzling to me why of all places they would have been voted best dealership when I see that sign. Then again most people are idiots so I guess that's how.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Seems like nearly every business in NB has a "Voted the Best of NB" sign out front.
LuckyLee
They must have adverstised heavily with the paper that runs the "Best of..." contests. The Citizen right?

Sorry about your son's truck OP.
Picard
AG
Any chance this was an '03 F150 Supercrew Lariat in White/Pueblo Gold? If so, it's just the solenoid that's bad.

bonfarr
AG
Glancing at their website they must specialize in high mileage vehicles, most of the cars and trucks have between 180k and 300k miles on them. At the prices listed I would avoid buying vehicles in that range unless I could have a mechanic review it first.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.