HVAC Service Recs?

2,129 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 1939
EFPE_12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I signed up with Champion AC for their maintenance program, and the tech they sent out recommended some repairs, but based on some feedback from folks with more experience than me with older ACs, it sounds like they may be taking me to the cleaners.

Still unconfirmed - I'm having another company come out for a second opinion. I was planning on going with Tex-Perts, have used Air Systems in the past for a previous home, but those were nearly brand new units when I got the house and only ever had them do maintenance and I had zero issues. Maintenance seemed pricey compared to competitors, which is why I ever switched in the first place, but maybe it was pricier because it was actually better...we'll see.

Any other recs on knowledgeable, honest HVAC service providers? Any experience with Tex Perts or Air Systems or have an opinion on which is better? Thanks!
Aquin
AG
Try Wilks A/C. Ask for Patrick. He is a good Ag and will treat you right. Cannot comment on the price but the service has always been good.
BBGigem
AG
Aquin said:

Try Wilks A/C. Ask for Patrick. He is a good Ag and will treat you right. Cannot comment on the price but the service has always been good.
I second this motion.
MookieBlaylock
AG
We use Mr. Hahn father son team that are very honest and reliable

Www.airbyhahn.com
Beckdiesel03
AG
Chris Brehm
He went out on his own a year ago and has some great service and prices compared to the big guys. Beyer boys and Meyers are the ones I avoid like the plague.
MookieBlaylock
AG
We got fooked by a couple of AC companies

It really shouldn't be such a nasty industry

I like my guy but it's good to see the other good AC guys yall recomend
Burdizzo
AG
Heard a lot of negative comments about Jon Wayne.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

We got fooked by a couple of AC companies

It really shouldn't be such a nasty industry

I like my guy but it's good to see the other good AC guys yall recomend
Yeah, I use Crumrine AC. Jeff is honest and reasonable. He is small time and stays busy, but he doesn't want the headache of managing too many crews because it's a bit of a cut throat business.
OilFieldIRI
S
Jeff is a great guy. Installed our system and has provided great follow up service.
Halconblack
AG
Craig Tufflemire at Texperts. Installed AC in 100 year old home 5 years ago. Great service great price.
v/r
Old Jock 1997
AG
We've always been happy with Christianson.
Pooh Ah
AG
Of all of the companies that we have used in our 20 years of living in San Antonio, Air by Hahn has been the best by far.

Mrs. Pooh Ah
Shipwrecker
AG
Highly recommend Mr. Erwin, Inc., and have been using them for years. I really like that if you hire them out to do a seasonal AC inspection, cleaning and tune-up ($70) and your system fails later on, you are top of the list on scheduling and will not be charged a diagnostic fee. 210 349-4081
AG
Zinsmeyer Mechanical
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.