Las Brisas-Seguin

3,332 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SanAntoneAg
Beckdiesel03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know much about this neighborhood? We saw a house come up and the river park and boat ramp is tempting as is the school district. I just have never heard anything about it. We would love a family friendly and social place bc of what we have now but just dont know.
SWCBonfire
AG
Hope you don't mind all of your stuff getting soaked by/floating down the Guadalupe. If you can't afford that, you shouldn't live there.

Rule on home sites in Texas that is 100% accurate : It doesn't matter what a flood map says, if there are native pecan trees, it floods.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Yea in looking more into today online I noticed a couple of people mentioning evacuations in the past for that entire neighborhood. Def not interested in that.
James Walker `02
AG
Hey Beck, give Jordan a call about Las Brisas. She knows everything you could want to know about it. 830-556-3505. You can also find her/my contact information at www.jordanlippewalker.com
outlaw96
AG
A friend of ours had a house there and raised her kids there, elementary through high school. They seemed to enjoy the neighborhood. They only sold because the kids moved out. They were across the street from the houses on the river. The streets by the river definitely flood, but the ones closer to 46 do not. Their house didn't get any water in it because it is basically up on stilts. HTH
Dos Tortugas
AG
James Walker `02 said:

Hey Beck, give Jordan a call about Las Brisas. She knows everything you could want to know about it. 830-556-3505. You can also find her/my contact information at www.jordanlippewalker.com
Jordan is the best realtor out there (sorry James) and can really help.
James Walker `02
AG
No apology necessary. She is the best!
AlaskanAg08
AG
My folks lived on the river there for a while. Dad decided to build in 2005 and they loved it. The 2 floods while they owned it were bad, but water never got in the actual house, just the garage level. They built a few feet above the 98 flood which was the worst ever IIRC.

The family who bought it from us is getting a divorce, so its back on the market. 100 Paseo Del Rio. We sold all of the furniture with the house, so I get sad seeing the listing haha!
Good Bull Jones 17
AG
I've heard that Seguin has gotten pretty rough as cartels have started operating out of there more in recent years. Anyone else heard (or seen) the same?
James Walker `02
AG
I haven't heard this at all and I am friends with the former and current DA's and a Narc officer with Seguin PD. Is there crime yes but New Braunfels is just as bad they are just better at keeping it quiet so they don't scare the tourists.
babie_kreauxda
AG
sara maps show the majority of the neighborhood directly in the floodway or at least in the 1% chance (100-yr) floodplain.

go to the link below and type in "las brisas seguin" in the search box:

sara floodplain viewer

i take no responsibility if your **** floods out or not based on the map. it's based on models. i wouldn't risk it. plus, the insurance is expensive.
Beckdiesel03
AG
I appreciate the map. Thank you for the update.
mwp02ag
AG
Say! Didn't you used to have a room mate who built houses for Perry Homes in Las Brisas?!?
Beckdiesel03
AG
I had completely forgotten about that. I didn't realize they were Perry homes.
SanAntoneAg
AG
James Walker `02 said:

I haven't heard this at all and I am friends with the former and current DA's and a Narc officer with Seguin PD. Is there crime yes but New Braunfels is just as bad they are just better at keeping it quiet so they don't scare the tourists.

I've been working in Seguin for the past seven years and can confirm this statement.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.