SAISD Layoffs Just Got Interesting

2,447 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mccjames
Humorous Username
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ksat.com/education/saisd-employee-group-demands-outside-investigation-into-teacher-layoffs

Quote:

San Antonio Independent School District Superintendent Pedro Martinez said Monday that the reduction in force was based entirely on the current school year's appraisals or evaluations of teachers.

But three assistant principals are reporting that they were given a list of targeted teachers months before the evaluations were completed.

Quote:

The principals released a statement on how they were already provided a "list" of teachers to get rid of in the fall of 2017 and were forced to give appraisal ratings that were not appropriate.

"Almost all teachers that had a second appraisal had a lower rating because the intention was not to document progress, but to justify terminations. We were told to go unannounced, and if we were able to catch the teacher off-guard, to document that," Potter said.

Quote:

Martinez said during a press conference Monday that the reduction in force was only determined by this year's evaluation, and that he and his immediate staff were the only ones who saw the data and they were not targeting individuals.
Burdizzo
AG
Nothing surprising about that. I worked in a large government bureaucracy. If they want to get rid of someone, they will find a way. And they will lie through their teeth while doing it.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
They need to make sure and get rid of a proportional amount of administration as well.
Burdizzo
AG
https://therivardreport.com/saisd-lays-off-132-teachers-31-administrators-to-close-budget-gap/

132 teachers
31 administrative

Without knowing too much, they could probably stand to double the admin number. They probably count low wage custodial and maintenance staff as admin and still kept a bunch of bloated bureaucrats
treetop flyer
Suck at your job? Get ****ing fired.
Humorous Username
AG
treetop flyer said:

Suck at your job? Get ****ing fired.

The administrators? Or the teachers that were allegedly targeted before even being evaluated?
mccjames
AG
I will almost guarantee there were issues with those that were "targeted". I personally know one teacher in SAISD that constantly misses time, is late on grading, and has been warned dozens of times over the last 3 years. I was always amazed she kept her job, in the corporate world she would have been canned years ago. I imagine she was "targeted" as she is now looking for a new job.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.