Primary Care Physicians

2,234 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by chewy03
chewy03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I currently have Aaron King as my PCP. I think he is great when I actually got to see him, however it is taking longer and longer to see him and the last time I needed care I was seen my a PA who seemed rushed. I couldn't get in for my annual physical until the end of July. I am thinking of finding a new PCP. I'm in Stone Oak and was looking at Harrison Yoo. Does anybody have any comment on him or can provide an internal medicine doctor they can recommend?
NastyNate
My wife goes to Dr. Bauer off Overlook parkway. She is content with him. His wife is our daughters pediatrician and we love her so we figured we would give him a shot. His office is also a couple hundred yards from our home so that helps. I'm thinking about changing from my current doctor to him just for the convenience. Mine is in the medical center. Best stone oak internal medicine doctor is, in my opinion, Dr. Atlas. He is now owns a concierge practice so it's $1900 a year. Not going to do that....for now. I went to a couple others in stone oak and wasn't happy. Seems like Internal medicine doctors are not as common as family medicine so they are harder to come by.
chewy03
AG
That is the same office for Dr King until 7/17/18 since he is leaving that group. The PA I saw works with Dr Bauer. Every time I try to ask a question, it seems like it annoyed her. So right now I'm a little hesitant.
NastyNate
Ah ok. Didn't know he was part of the same practice. Might be an easy move though if it's only to try him out. Although it's not likely, you might get a different experience within the same practice. It's happened to me before. I have been fairly disappointed with the options available and the quality of doctors. I've taken to only going for my physicals and then just urgent care or the medical center at my work for everything else. I just schedule my physical for the next year before I even leave the doctors office. I've experienced the scheduling issue at every office I've been to so I'm not sure how much better it's going to get.
GinaLinetti
AG
I like the Baros brothers off stone oak.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Look at Imed in stone oak

tim Hernandez or Abby Gardner

Been very good to my circle of friends
bam02
AG
Yoo is part of IMED. Tim hernandez is a great suggestion. Maybe William atlas. I think he may be concierge medicine but that may be the best way to see a physician and not a PA or NP in the future.
chewy03
AG
NastyNate mentioned that Atlas is now concierge. Coming from Houston where I can actually see my PCP within a short notice, I find it really crazy that I have to pay extra just to see a doctor, maybe this is what I need to do. I went to the new clinic where Dr King is moving to and they told me people are already lining up to see him. I completely understand since I think he is a great doctor. I'm at a point to include the medical center as well for my doctor search, its not too far from stone oak.
NastyNate
Atlas used to be a part of IMED. When he left, I started seeing his replacement but she left within 6 months. I would have seen someone else if they weren't taking new patients. Good practice but you'll probably run into the same scheduling issue.

I've given a lot of thought to paying the extra money to see Atlas again but I'm in my mid-30's and don't go enough to warrant the extra cost. His office phone does roll over to his cell phone after hours though. Depending on your needs, might be a good benefit.

If you end up going to the medical center give John Galan a try. Atlas referred all his patients to him when he left IMED. So far I've been happy but I really only see him for annual physicals/bloodwork. You'll find out pretty quick whether you will have scheduling issues when you try and book and appt.
chewy03
AG
I don't go to the doctor often enough to warrant the price either. Mainly for my annual physical and blood work. I have also heard that manny Rodriguez is good as well in the medical center. Will call next week on the few recommendations in the post to see next available.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
CherryLodes said:

I like the Baros brothers off stone oak.
+1
chewy03
AG
Looks like Atlas and Hernandez are not taking new patients and Galan and Rodriguez are not available until July 3.
MookieBlaylock
AG
i can get you in to Hernandez for a fee- but Gardner in the same group is good and usually has a tuesday/thursday open slot
chewy03
AG
What's the fee?
FIDO*98*
AG
I've been calling on Stone Oak for 13 years. I'd either stick with Dr King or try to get in with Saleh Jaafar at Medcare Associates. Rohan Coutino at Stone Oak Family is the only one I'd even consider. If you're willing to go to 229, I'd see Manny Rodriguez at Macgreggor Medical. He's my doc
Tursiops93
AG
I also see Dr. king and really like him. The MedFirst group is just terrible so I am glad he is moving and will follow him to where he ends up (HealthFirst I believe). I hope that things are better there.
chewy03
AG
I'm sticking with Dr King for now to see how his new clinic works out. I agree with you that Medfirst was horrible.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.