Where to take tree limbs ?

1,832 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by pgag04
BrazosBull
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I live out of the San Antonio city limits North of town Still in Bexar County though. I have been trimming trees over the winter and now have a brush pile to get rid of. Anyone know where I can haul it legally to dispose of it ?
Ignatius_of_Silesia
Put brush on a big pile. Add fire. Brush go away.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I'm north of city limits but still in Bexar. I have a DIY fire pit in the middle of my backyard that I burn all the brush in.
FIDO95
AG
If you are resident in Bexar County, you should be able to use the brush dump site off Wurbach Parkway near Blossom Athletic Complex. It used to be that you could show up with a CPS bill proving residency and dump brush for free. Don't know if that is still true.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
valtosca
AG
FIDO95 said:

If you are resident in Bexar County, you should be able to use the brush dump site off Wurzbach Parkway near Blossom Athletic Complex. It used to be that you could show up with a CPS bill proving residency and dump brush for free. Don't know if that is still true.
Bulky Brush Site

Resident: $0.25 for first 20 pounds and $0.235 per each increment of 20 lbs.
Non-Resident: 20 lbs. to 2,000 lbs. $25; More than 2,000 lbs.: $25.00 per each additional ton

I love that Bitters facility.
BrazosBull
AG
Thanks for the help. Burning not an option for my location . I knew about the Bitters Road location but thought it was only for residents of the City of San Antonio. Thanks for the info !
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
BrazosBull said:

Thanks for the help. Burning not an option for my location . I knew about the Bitters Road location but thought it was only for residents of the City of San Antonio. Thanks for the info !
Where are you located roughly? I'm in the north area of Canyon Springs
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
BrazosBull said:

Keep in mind, they have other bulky items drop off there too. Just in case.
valtosca
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

BrazosBull said:

Keep in mind, they have other bulky items drop off there too. Just in case.
I think a call to 311 to confirm non-resident eligibility is important because the language on the site makes it seem it's for City solid waste customers only. Unlike the brush collection page the bulky collection page says nothing about non-residents.

"Eligibility
The Bulky Waste Collection Center is free for City solid waste customers who pay an environmental fee; this fee appears on the CPS bill."
BrazosBull
AG
I live inTimberwood Park. We can burn under the right conditions but my property is almost a complete canopy with huge live oak trees. No place to burn
SanAntoneAg
AG
If you're puro SA you dump a truckload of your branches on the side of the road at night.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
BrazosBull said:

I live inTimberwood Park. We can burn under the right conditions but my property is almost a complete canopy with huge live oak trees. No place to burn

Gotcha.. I'm across the street from you then depending what side of TP. I'm in Lakeside
AgPediRPh
AG
Some people will print their friend's CPS Energy bill and take that to the dump to avoid fees.
pgag04
AG
There is the burning bush on 1560 in helotes. I think it's $20 for a pickup bed full.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.