Suggestions for Bachelor weekend (pretty last minute)

1,281 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggie_fan13
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am the best man in a wedding and it is being moved up from November to early March since the bride's father has stage 4 cancer and isn't expected to live more than a few months.

Plans for the Bachelor party golf weekend in August have been scrapped and switching to doing a weekend in San Antonio in a few weeks.

Any hotel suggestions? Nice indoor pool preferred. Suggestions on bars and activities that aren't outdoors?
aggie_fan13
AG
could still do a golf weekend if you stay at the westin la cantera, resort course at la cantera is right next door. I know the westin doesn't have an indoor pool but i believe it has an outdoor heated pool. A few bars in the area, mostly at the la cantera mall.

There is also the Pearl Brewery downtown. Have no clue about the pool situation but its probably the best downtown hotel. Plenty of bars in the area to choose from.

The JW Marriott Hill country as well could be a golf weekend. They have a nice bar inside the hotel and restaurants.
Ag86Hotard109
AG
Joshua creek ranch....skeet sporting clays and they also do canned quail hunts
Ag86Hotard109
AG
A Place to Shoot gun range on the south side. Big rifles .50 calibre shotgun skeet trap. Also let you borrow their guns.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Thanks for the hotel suggestions! We talked and he does still want to play a round of golf so will be taking a look at courses.

I think the shooting idea is great and will try to work that in.

Any cool brewery tours?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Also a couple of nice dinner recommendations would be awesome too!
aggie_fan13
AG
Boudros steakhouse is good ,Aggie che;, there is the pearl brewer although idk if there is an actual tour of the brewery. The Alamo brewery is around as well. Like I said several restaurants in the La Cantera area
Bluff Rat
AG
Haven't had an opportunity to play this course yet but I've heard really good things about it.They do have houses that you can rent and I believe have some areas that you can Bar B Que and a community pool. I know it's not in San Antonio but in Blanco but its an idea for a golf outing.

Also, in Blanco there is the Real Ale Brewery that you can go and drink and hang out in the bar that overlooks the brewery. I have been to the brewery and they do have some pretty good beers and is a low key place to hang out.

https://www.vaalercreekgolfclub.com/golf/stay-play

Prayers for the bride's father and hope everything works out for the wedding.
Señor Chang
AG
If y'all want to do a brewery, Ranger Creek does tours on Saturdays at 2.

https://drinkrangercreek.com/about/tours-and-tasting-room/
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
If you are already out on the north side, you might look up Free Tail, bet they would give you a look around in the back, they always have plenty of variety to choose from and their meathead pizza is pretty damn good.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Haven't checked to see if they have made their opening yet. Might be interesting....

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Hatchet-throwing-venue-set-to-open-in-January-12421541.php
Captn_Ag05
AG
Thanks, everyone!

We are going to do either Ranger Creek or Ringtail, for sure.

Still trying to nail down the hotel and the golf course. We have a group of lawyer friends and then some of his high school buddies are very blue collar, so trying to be mindful on cost on things - which has been the biggest challenge so far.

That hatchet throwing looks pretty awesome - interested in checking that out!
aggie_fan13
AG
if budget is an issue try cedar creek golf, still in the northside area close to hotels and such. Brackenridge course in the downtown area is nicer, a bit pricer but not crazy expensive like the palmer course
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.