Fire Wood

1,716 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by valtosca
ValleyRatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know a good place to get firewood. Would prefer somewhere around Thousand Oaks and Wetmore, but I'll drive for a decent price.
Burdizzo
AG
How much do you need? I have a friend at Walker Ranch whose teenage son is selling firewood to raise money to buy his first truck.
ValleyRatAg
AG
Half a cord would be nice.
Burdizzo
AG
Checking with him now. I assume you need it quick?
ValleyRatAg
AG
Yeah wouldn't mind picking it up tomorrow afternoon. Could use less than 1/2 cord if he already has some ready.
ValleyRatAg
AG
It's not for cooking so it doesn't have to be anything special.
Burdizzo
AG
His teenage son isn't home right now. Hope to know more in the morning
2008and1
AG
There is often a guy set up in the vacant lot at Higgins and Stahl selling firewood from his truck this time of year. Not sure if he is there everyday or just weekends though.
Burdizzo
AG
Struck out on the friend's teenage son. He is out of wood and mainly only sells bundles. Hope you find some.
ValleyRatAg
AG
Took my little boy out into the green belt and harvested some fallen fire wood. Stuff will probably burn like paper.

Thank you for the help. The guy was at Stahl and Higgins but had just sold out.
SATX_BQ98
AG
I buy my firewood on 16 just past helotes. There is a little place there that has a ton of it. $60 for a truck bed worth.
ValleyRatAg
AG
That's probably a better idea than getting caught in the green belt with my bonfire axe.
bam02
AG
Probably too late but there was a guy set up on Thousand Oaks at Jones Maltsberger selling firewood yesterday.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Place in Helotes is where we have always bought it. Decent price and they will even deliver for an extra small charge.
BoozerRed78
AG
I bought from this guy a few years ago, he delivered to my house, it was all oak. Have no idea if he's still selling or not. Paul 210-289-8863.

Update - just saw this posted on our neighborhood forum:
If anyone is needs firewood, Eddie is having to park at O'Connor & Old O'Connor now. Right across from O'Haver Contractors. He's got plenty of firewood, but it's going fast! Come see Eddie to warm up your home! For delivery: Mobile: (210) 739-7496
valtosca
AG
I used "Woody's Firewood" (210-333-0495). They are a husband and wife duo that deliver anywhere in the city for about $120 for a half cord. Just know that's a land line and they'll call you back if you leave a message. They'll confirm you'll be home before they leave their house.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.