Just moved to Kerrville....

2,791 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sarge 91
Bonfire1996
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to get connected. What to do, where to eat, etc.

Kids start school tomorrow. Struggling to find a dance studio for my daughter, as we went to a very good studio in Plano for several years. Only adequate option seems to be near the Rim in San Antonio.

The housing market is hotter here than North Texas which is crazy. Currently slumming it in a too small apartment and ready to pounce on the right house around Riverhill Country Club.
Bon_Mot1333
Check out Pint & Plow for a good craft beer and Grape Juice for eclectic food and drinks.
88planoAg
AG
I would think you could find a studio in Boerne. I don't have girls and can't help with a specific place, but I know they have gymnastics and cheer places. I can't imagine driving all the way to the Rim.
88planoAg
AG
Oh, and welcome to the hill country and good luck - it is an adjustment from Plano
Bonfire1996
AG
We found one in Boerne. Still a bit of a hike, but we will manage.
GinaLinetti
AG
Don't forget to hang out at the Ingram social club
f burg ag
AG
It has been a loooong time, but we used to sneak into the YO pool to hang out and drink at the pool bar.
babie_kreauxda
AG
azul lounge
Jason Ag
AG
I always liked Mamacita's for Mexican food. You also have to go to Bumdoodlers for lunch sometime. Might want to visit Camp Verde for a small trip, pretty cool place.

NavasotaAg
S
Our girls go to Lonestar Collective Dance near Cordillera Ranch east of Boerne. We are very happy with them but that is a full hour from Kerrville. Who did you end up going with in Boerne?
TooTall 06
AG
We live in Fredericksburg and make the trip to Kerrville often.

We like to go to Yeo Bo's Korean on Water Street for their stone bowl. Pint and plow has been mentioned already, they have good Pizza.
88planoAg
AG
oh and y'all have a Mary's tacos. Yum!
cancia
Is the adjustment good?
88planoAg
AG
Well, we are 8 .5 years into our move, so I suppose I've adjusted. But yes, going from Plano with 5 grocery stores within 10 minutes drive, plus any kids activity available to the Boerne area available choices - wasn't easy. Small town living is different. As with everything in life, there are pluses and minuses.
ConstructionAg01
AG
Welcome! We've met already, more than a few times.
GoNavybeatArmy
If you get a chance say hello to the High School Tennis coach (Kirk Kniffen). He is a good friend of mine and his daughter just got accepted to be a fightin' Texas Aggie by the Mays Business School!!
Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda
BanderaAg956
If you think Boerne and Kerrville are small towns come on out to Bandera and get a real small town education!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
Sarge 91
AG
drevans956 said:

If you think Boerne and Kerrville are small towns come on out to Bandera and get a real small town education!
I second this. Our daughters attend Ms. Kelly's Dance Studio. Drop yours off for an hour and lets get a beer at the Chickin Coop!!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.