What do you know about this area?

1,429 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bluff Rat
Represent830
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Blanco Road and Borgfeld, north of 1604. We are thinking about building there and I'd like some feedback. Great schools, seems like an up and coming area (if not already). Traffic seems to suck but at least nothing will be built on the West side Blanco (Bullis).

Thoughts? And has anyone used Pulte?
CyclingAg82
AG
Been looking at that area, very nice hill country settings. It is very desirable, imo, love that part of town.

Don't know anything about Pulte though, the Felder model home we toured looked like a very quality conscious builder built it.
Represent830
AG
CyclingAg82 said:

Been looking at that area, very nice hill country settings. It is very desirable, imo, love that part of town.

Don't know anything about Pulte though, the Felder model home we toured looked like a very quality conscious builder built it.

I asked my realtor and a friend that works for another builder and they both said Pulte was solid.

I'm with you. Seems like a desireable place.
NastyNate
I live in the area and really like it. I've had a couple friends build Pulte homes recently and all had fairly good experiences. Same frustrations you would have with most builders. Nothing really different there. Quality build though.

Check the borders of the Timberwood Park Elementary school near Blanco/Borgfeld. I have a friend that lives in the neighborhood directly across the street and is zoned for the Kinder ranch elementary school. The zoning could change eventually but might be a little annoying driving past one school on your way to another. They are building a middle school in Kinder Ranch that the entire area will be zoned too. Comal ISD has also already bought land for the new High school next to the middle school under construction. Not sure when that will get built though.
CyclingAg82
AG
Good information- thanks.
LitreBoy
AG
Been out here for almost 10 years and I really enjoy it. I work from home when I'm not traveling, so I don't have to deal w/ much traffic during the morning/evening rush hours. 281 (going north or south) is going to be a pain until the construction is complete. I usually try to use Blanco to get to/from 1604 unless I need to go somewhere north of 1604 on 281.

I don't have kids, but I have heard a lot of good things about the nearby Comal ISD schools and know a handful of teachers that have good things to say about them. There are also a couple of private schools off Blanco if you have younger kids and private schools are a necessity.

If you are in Comal ISD area, you'll benefit from lower property taxes than if you were in NEISD, in addition to lower taxes for being outside of SA city limits. There has been talk for a long time about annexing Timberwood Park, but from the conversations I've had this is not likely to happen any time soon.

The closest grocery store for me is the HEB at Wilderness Oak and Hardy Oak (~3 mi from Borgfeld and Canyon Golf), but there is a Shell station on Canyon Golf that is like a mini grocery store if you need something in a pinch. You can also go north to 46 and 281 where there is another HEB and a Wal-Mart.

If parks are your thing, there is Bullis County Park at Borgfeld and Old Blanco, and a decent dog park w/ walking trails on Wilderness Oak (Panther Springs Park).

I'll try to check back here to see if you have any questions.
Bluff Rat
AG
I have lived off of Canyon Golf behind the Shell Station in a Pulte Home for about two years now. The home is about 10 years old and have not had anything major happen, just your normal wear and tear on it. Like everyone else has mentioned it is a really good area and we enjoy being here. We had a house in Stone Oak and really are glad that we moved out because it was getting more and more crowded.

If you need any information on daycare's let me know because my little one goes to one off of Blanco and Wilderness Oak called Children's Lighthouse that we really like. Also, my buddies kid's go to one just north of Borgfeld on 281 called Kiddie Koop that his kids really like.

Hope this helps.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.