Bexar County Sheriff and security false alarm calls

2,274 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Beckdiesel03
UnderoosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of my sensors has a dying battery. I had the alarm company ignore that zone for a week to stop the trouble alerts until I could get it connected. Set the alarm yesterday when I left for work and didn't realize that zone was no longer being ignored. It decided to throw an alarm code instead of a trouble code apparently. I didn't have my phone on me when they called. I called the monitoring company back later and they said they went thru my call list and then called the cops. Surprisingly, no one on my list called me about it.

If nothing else, it reminded me I never filled out the BCSO alarm permit application. I looked a while ago to get the application and saw that a false alarm without a permit is a ticket, with the court setting the fine. How prepared should my anus be?
AggieDarlin
AG
I don't know the answer, but what happened with that abandoned dog nextdoor?
UnderoosAg
AG
It was the craziest thing. The barking went on for another week or so, they it just stopped. One day there was an old beater truck parked at the house for a little while. Then it left. That night it was parked at the house with a small utility trailer. Next day it was gone. Next night it came back. Third day it was gone for good. Still never saw anyone inside the house though.

About a week or so later, I saw the truck with the trailer on 1560, then on 471, then on Alamo Ranch parkway. Turns out the dog got a job putting up bandit signs. His name is Charlie.

Or maybe the barking lasted another week or so and the dog disappeared. Gossip in da 'hood was that the MF owner finally came back for him.
AggieDarlin
AG
UnderoosAg said:

About a week or so later, I saw the truck with the trailer on 1560, then on 471, then on Alamo Ranch parkway. Turns out the dog got a job putting up bandit signs. His name is Charlie.

Whitetail
AG
NON-REGISTERED ALARM SYSTEMS
It is a City Ordinance violation to operate an alarm system without a valid permit. The City assesses fees for false alarm activations for locations without a valid permit. For each unpermitted residential false alarm call there will be a charge of $75 for each occurrence. For Commercial alarm locations there will be a fee of $125 for each unpermitted false alarm occurrence. For a false fire alarm call without a permit, a fee of $125 will be charged to residents and businesses alike. All outstanding fees must be paid prior to a permit being issued.
UnderoosAg
AG
I'm in the county. BCSO's website says the court determines the fine.
Whitetail
AG
Oops, sorry, just assumed SA.
UnderoosAg
AG
No worries.
Bluff Rat
AG
I swear that alarm permit fee is a raquet
Beckdiesel03
AG
I worked for a municipality within SA that issued these permits as well. It was nothing but a racket and money grab. What would happen in my experience is the city secretary or staff would issue and keep record of the permits but the cops would never let anyone know outside of PD when they made these calls so fines wouldn't be issued. Let's hope bexar county is as well oiled machine as this place
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.