Flooring Contractor/Warehouse

988 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggieDarlin
Mark Dodge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can anyone recommend a flooring contractor that is trusted and does good work in the SA/Boerne area? Also if any has experienced with any of the local/l flooring stores/warehouses please let me know where you recommend a large selection to look at. Thanks and Gig'em!
AgPT06
AG
Hoffman Floors out of New Braunfels. Will not be as cheap as Lowes or HD but do good work.
AG_2006
AG
Prosource, off of wetmore and Thousand Oaks. They "cater" to professionals but have the largest and cleanest show room in the area. For all types of flooring. We bought ours there, off of some good advice.

And they'll haggle on pricing. Good luck.
AggieDarlin
AG
My grandmother needed new flooring and I contacted two companies that are often recommended on this board, so I'll share my experiences with both:

Sunn Carpets and Interiors
Supposedly Aggie-owned iirc. I called and scheduled an appointment a week out. Due to the distance, I re-arranged my schedule that week so I could make it out there and spend enough time at the consultation. Within 2 hours of the scheduled meeting, I received a voicemail stating that the rep couldn't make it, so it was canceled. I was not happy, but I still called back to re-schedule. Got voicemail. Nice. Asked for a return call so we could re-schedule. Never received a call back.

Maverick Flooring
Very nice folks. Set up an appointment easily and they adhered to it. The rep was very professional and courteous, and he listened to my grandmother's needs. He was prompt at returning emails and the job was started on the day that was promised. The flooring was exactly what she picked, so no issues there. The crew returned the next day to finish up the last room since we ended up a few boards short, but they showed up on-time and again worked diligently. My ONLY gripe is that the floor tracks for the closet sliding doors were not re-installed with the new flooring. So, the doors are basically left to dangle like loose teeth. When I let the rep know about this issue in a follow-up email, he didn't seem concerned about offering a solution to fix this, so I suppose they don't see it as their problem. I didn't know this would be a concern when I was planning everything or I would have asked them how we could remedy the situation while we were discussing the install during the consultation. My grandmother was (and still is) pretty bummed about this, but it's a lesson learned.

Overall, Maverick has awesome people and they did a great job. I would use them again.
AggieDarlin
AG
Just wanted to provide an update:

The owner of Sunn Carpets reached out to me and apologized for my experience. He was very helpful in providing guidance regarding the floor tracks and I appreciate his help. Based on his response, I would seek their services again in the same future.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.