Best place to live for those working in Randolph AFB

2,891 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ambres
Ambres
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got word that I am returning to San Antonio. Previously I lived in Alamo Ranch but my new position is over by Randolph side of the city and I don't want to commute through that mess every day. Any advice for that side of town.

Looking for a location with good schools w/ a flexibility of working down in Lackland in 2 years.. ie don't want to live in San Marcos if my job pivots to the other base.

PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Go to stone oak/ canyon springs/ Bulverde
SquirrellyDan
AG
I live in New Braunfels and work at Lackland....usually an easy 35 minute commute but im in at 630 and out 230. Randolph would be 15-20.
SA68AG
AG
You might check out Garden Ridge
TX AG 88
AG
Deerfield. I work on lack land and it's a 30-35 minute commute. Would be less to RAFB. Stay inside 1604!
TXAggie4Christ
AG
We live in the country in Marion but lived in Cibolo for 14 years, it's just 10-15min from Randolph.

GT_Aggie2015
AG
Wife went to Randolph schools and her family always lived in the Shertz/Cibolo area. Good area and good schools. If there were better job opportunities close by i'd even consider Marion as one poster suggested.
americanaggie
AG
We live on Randolph and my kids absolutely love their schools here; Elementary, Middle and High school. I researched the area before moving here and most of the schools around (Schertz/Cibolo/Universal City, Marion, Garden Ridge, etc) all rank very high and people seem to like them. We chose the small town feel of the Randolph environment, and it's been a good fit for our family. If you don't live on the base, you must request transfer status. If your child has severe special needs or great athletic abilities Randolph schools may not be the best option for you, compared to the larger schools with more resources and/or opportunities, but academics and behavior/character are valued very highly at Randolph. One of the coaches described it as a "private public school". BTW, my husband commutes to the old Kelly area- approximately 35 minutes.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Showed my wife this and she wholeheartedly agrees with your assessment of Randolph schools.
Macarthur
Stone Oak area as far as schools is outstanding. Traffic is not fun dealing w/ 1604.
TXAggie4Christ
AG
I'm a realtor in the area too and would be happy to serve you in the search. Last military assignment was at Randolph AFB in 2001, have lived in Universal City, Converse, Cibolo, now Marion and did some small business work in Gruene in New Braunfels so personally familiar with much of the NE SA area.

Buyer's representation is free so no strings attached and I always gift clients $$ at closing to help with closing costs but AG Tag folks get even more.

Contact info link is HERE
Ambres
AG
TXAggie4Christ said:

I'm a realtor in the area too and would be happy to serve you in the search. Last military assignment was at Randolph AFB in 2001, have lived in Universal City, Converse, Cibolo, now Marion and did some small business work in Gruene in New Braunfels so personally familiar with much of the NE SA area.

Buyer's representation is free so no strings attached and I always gift clients $$ at closing to help with closing costs but AG Tag folks get even more.

Contact info link is HERE
Thanks, will contact you once I get confirmation from my job on the move.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.