Riverwalk Lighting Parade

1,149 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by p_bubel
agnerd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tell me about the Riverwalk lighting parade. Never been. I'm staying at a downtown hotel and got tickets close by since I'll have old people with me. Looking for general dos and don'ts and answers to these questions:

1. Website says they start clearing the riverwalk at 4pm. Does that mean you can't even be walking along the river after that? Is the river completely closed off during the parade and only ticket-holders are allowed in the area?

2. I bought "seats" but it doesn't specifically say that actual chairs are provided. (I'm not at the main theater area) Chairs will be provided, right? I don't have to bring my own?

3. Can I bring a cooler? I assume no glass, but can't find a list of any prohibited items.

4. Is there music while you're waiting? Would a portable speaker playing Christmas music at a reasonable level be appropriate?

5. If someone need to use the bathroom (remember I'll have old people with me), can they go out and come back in?

Any other advice would be appreciated.
p_bubel
Where did you buy seats from?

When we've gotten them we bought them from a restaurant or bar which solves most of the questions you've outlined.
agnerd
AG
https://www.thesanantonioriverwalk.com/events/ford-holiday-river-parade
Whitetail
AG
Never been, but looks like a great time, thinking about going now.

1. Website says they start clearing the riverwalk at 4pm. Does that mean you can't even be walking along the river after that? Is the river completely closed off during the parade and only ticket-holders are allowed in the area?
Sense the talk about gates and tickets, I think that's a safe assumption that everyone is kicked out of the area, and you have to have a ticket to get back in.

2. I bought "seats" but it doesn't specifically say that actual chairs are provided. (I'm not at the main theater area) Chairs will be provided, right? I don't have to bring my own?
Pictures in the gallery show white folding chairs lining the river. The ones I was looking at were $25 ticket, at that price they'll have to provide a seat. Looks like they provide.

Dunno about your other questions.
p_bubel
Can't really speak to specifics, but beer is allowed on the Riverwalk. Whether or not a cooler is going to be cool, I imagine a small soft sided one probably will. Anything bigger than than that I would ask. No glass for sure. I imagine chairs are included, but I would bring some folding chairs and leave them in the car just in case.

I wouldn't want to try and walk anywhere along the Riverwalk near 4 pm that day anyway. It's going to be slow going with a lot of bottlenecks.

Which section are you in?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.