Traffic

1,785 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Producers_96
aggie_fan13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haven't been home during the week in a while, didn't realize how ****ing awful traffic got here, almost as bad as Houston on certain stretches
some men you just cant reach ...
PFG
AG
Have you ever lived in Houston? Have you attempted leaving Houston on 290 anytime after 3:30pm?

If not, try that before complaining about SA. Yes it's rough in spots, but it ain't HTown where rush hour goes 3:30-6:30 M-Th and Noon to 6:30 on Friday.
p_bubel
Hell, it isn't even as bad as Austin, and that's a smaller city.

Traffic is joke for the most part. Especially if you avoid 1604.
aggie_fan13
AG
sitting on I-10 for an hour yesterday
some men you just cant reach ...
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
uhh I'd rather sew my eyelids shut than have to sit on 281 north anyday after 5pm.
Ulrich
281 has to be the most inappropriate road design ever. What a terrible idea. "Let's take a major artery and add 78 stoplights and u-turns!"
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Ulrich said:

281 has to be the most inappropriate road design ever. What a terrible idea. "Let's take a major artery and add 78 stoplights and u-turns!"
agreed. and now they are finally getting around to expanding and making it an actual highway about 5 years too late. seems normal for San Anto though
Halconblack
AG
Ulrich said:

281 has to be the most inappropriate road design ever. What a terrible idea. "Let's take a two-lane highway and add 78 million subdivisions and u-turns!"

Fixed it for ya.
m-walker
AG
Having just moved from Houston, I do appreciate the ability to merge here.
Old Jock 1997
AG
Agreed. In San Antonio, we put our slowest drivers in the left-hand lane, which makes merging much easier.
F4GIB71
SA is light years better than Houston. Moved to Smithson Valley from Houston Area three years ago. Had to meet a factory rep from Houston a few months ago at Zachry on South side of town at 0930. I took 3009 through Garden Ridge to Schertz, then 35 through downtown. I never hit the brakes. He came I-10 and had similar experience. I know there are bad times and bad freeways but the times they are bad is a fraction of what they are in Houston. I don't know any in Hou that wouldn't still be crawling at 0900.
Ulrich
It's less about the traffic being bad on an absolute scale and more about how it's a lot worse than it should be. It's a big city, but it's not huge or dense and we don't have geographical restrictions like mountains or rivers. It's half building roads for what is instead of what will be and half clueless drivers.
Producers_96
AG
Ulrich said:

It's half building roads for what is instead of what will be and half clueless drivers.
Nailed it, especially the first point.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.