6 am flight out of SAT, airport arrival time?

2,019 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgsMyDude
Emotional Support Cobra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What time should I get to airport. Never flown this early, is security even open before 5? Probably not checking a bag. Thanks!
aggie_fan13
AG
get there at 4am at least, last time we flew out of SAT the lines were a *****. The city really needs to expand the airport its too damn small.
some men you just cant reach ...
UnderoosAg
AG
What time of year was it? From January thru about July I flew 1-2 a month on 600-630 flights. Terminal A wait was always under 10 mins. Terminal B has fewer lines, but it was 15-20 maybe? One morning I overslept, got to the airport at 5:15 at got to my gate at 5:30.

Once summer vacation travel started, it all went to ****.

I'd also recommend Airport Security Park across 410. Shuttles run every 5 minutes and drop you in front between A and B terminals. Prices are about the same as the airport garage but without the construction disaster.
jschroeder
I feel like an idiot any time I get to SAT more than an hour before a flight, especially a 6AM flight.
Pendragon12
AG
Not checking a bag and have pre check, then get parked (or dropped off) an hour before the flight just in case you hit the random day where security backs up.

Without pre check? I would maybe add 10 mins to that estimate.

If you're parking in the garage, plan on 5 mins to find a spot and another 5-15 to get to the terminal (less time if you hoof it, more if you take the shuttle).
Burdizzo
AG
UnderoosAg said:

What time of year was it? From January thru about July I flew 1-2 a month on 600-630 flights. Terminal A wait was always under 10 mins. Terminal B has fewer lines, but it was 15-20 maybe? One morning I overslept, got to the airport at 5:15 at got to my gate at 5:30.

Once summer vacation travel started, it all went to ****.

I'd also recommend Airport Security Park across 410. Shuttles run every 5 minutes and drop you in front between A and B terminals. Prices are about the same as the airport garage but without the construction disaster.

She will probably take a cab/Uber because parking at the airport is dumb and her husband is too lazy to take her that time of day.
agdoc2001
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Thank you! I have rarely had to wait horribly long in security so I figured it would not be too backed up at that hour.

Probably cabbing it since we live close.
aggie_fan13
AG
didnt think about that, it was in the summer a few years ago so maybe thats why. It was an early flight. I remember leaving the house around 3:45-4ish
some men you just cant reach ...
OilFieldIRI
S
I Took a 6am flight to OKC a week ago, showed up at 5am and had no issues.
Matsui
AG
5 am
AgsMyDude
AG
Let us know how it goes. I'm flying out at 630a on Friday.
bam02
AG
I had a 5:30am Monday morning flight two weeks ago. All my other Monday morning flights have been later and security has been brutal. I was wide awake at 2:30 worrying about over-sleeping so I got up and got to the airport at 3:30. WAY too early. United counters didn't even open until 4:00 and the airport was pretty empty until 5:00.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Got there at 5 and it was busy but not much of a security line and I was through by 5:15. Now flight is delayed...
STL_aTm
AG
What's the best option for parking?
UnderoosAg
AG
UnderoosAg said:

Whitetail
AG
I wake up for 6 am flights at 4:10.

Out the door at 4:30.

Drive to SAT 4:50

Park in garage 5:00

Walk to terminal 5:10

Get through security 5:20

Board.
fido00
AG
The only flight I have ever missed was a 6 am out of SAT. We got there at about 5, and stood in the security line listening to our names being called over the PA system. We got to the gate at 5:55, and the plane had already left. Flat out irritating, but I knew we should have been there sooner. It will never happen again.
bonfarr
AG
I take a 6 AM flight out of SA 2x a month and dont leave my house until 4:30. I live in Indian Springs north of TPC Parkway.
AgsMyDude
AG
bonfarr said:

I take a 6 AM flight out of SA 2x a month and dont leave my house until 4:30. I live in Indian Springs north of TPC Parkway.

Perfect, thanks. 640 tomorrow morning so probably leaving my place at 430-445 (Timberwood Park)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.