Regular Doctor recommendations

1,610 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FIDO*98*
UnderoosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Switching gears a bit, my regular doctor's office can eat a big ol' bowl of D's. He's a nice guy, but his office staff could F up a one car funeral.
jgh85Ag
AG
I find that true of most dr office staff.
The Lurker
AG
Richard Lochte Remington Oaks Family Practice.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
We see Dr. James (Jimmy) Baros or his brother Dr. Larry Baros if Dr. Jimmy is booked. Office in Stone Oak.
UnderoosAg
AG
jgh85Ag said:

I find that true of most dr office staff.

It's reached a whole new level.
AggieDarlin
AG
Who are you currently seeing?

Alexander Roka in Stone Oak area
Alejandro Arizmendi near Bandera/1604

Both of these docs have an excellent bedside manner in my experience.
UnderoosAg
AG
Dr Bocanegra. He's the dude whose office got raided a few months back, but they were after records for a lab group who works out of his office. The setup, on paper, is great. Has LabCorp or something similar on site, has x-rays on site, has other imaging in office on certain days. Been going there going on 20 years, but the office is starting to look like my old junior high in more ways than one, and act like it dead on balls the same.

Once upon a time he had a couple of staff docs and you'd wind up seeing the same one every time. Now you roll the dice on which PA happens to be working thereaa. You know that saying about the dude who graduated last in medical school is still called doctor? Yeah that.

I even tried Texas Medclinic a couple times out of convenience, but I've given up trying to - no 5hit - explain how they need to look up my insurance on their own deal. Most recently homegirl took my blood pressure with an auto wrist cuff and nonchalantly said it was 195/145 or some such and asked, "Is that normal for you?". Why yes, I've learned to clench my ass cheeks hard enough to keep me constantly right on the edge of a massive MI. Silly me, I would have checked it again with a different cuff or God forbid a real cuff and a stethoscope.

Maybe I just need to drink more and stop watching football games.

tx1c
AG
UnderoosAg said:

Switching gears a bit, my regular doctor's office can eat a big ol' bowl of D's. He's a nice guy, but his office staff could F up a one car funeral.
This sums up how I feel, too, except it's Alamo Family Practice (Dr. Scott Thomas and his wife). Many on here will recommend them, but they didn't seem competent.
They were fine until I had a real need, then they simply refused to see me.
jgh85Ag
AG
Car wreck?
AggieDarlin
AG
UnderoosAg said:

Dr Bocanegra. He's the dude whose office got raided a few months back, but they were after records for a lab group who works out of his office. The setup, on paper, is great. Has LabCorp or something similar on site, has x-rays on site, has other imaging in office on certain days. Been going there going on 20 years, but the office is starting to look like my old junior high in more ways than one, and act like it dead on balls the same.

Once upon a time he had a couple of staff docs and you'd wind up seeing the same one every time. Now you roll the dice on which PA happens to be working thereaa. You know that saying about the dude who graduated last in medical school is still called doctor? Yeah that.

I even tried Texas Medclinic a couple times out of convenience, but I've given up trying to - no 5hit - explain how they need to look up my insurance on their own deal. Most recently homegirl took my blood pressure with an auto wrist cuff and nonchalantly said it was 195/145 or some such and asked, "Is that normal for you?". Why yes, I've learned to clench my ass cheeks hard enough to keep me constantly right on the edge of a massive MI. Silly me, I would have checked it again with a different cuff or God forbid a real cuff and a stethoscope.

Maybe I just need to drink more and stop watching football games.

loveaTm
AG
I have an upcoming first appointment with them because people LOVE them. So I'm curious what they did wrong before I go. Was it the docs or the office staff you had an issue with?
tx1c
AG
I say both, but it may be the gatekeepers who answer the phone.
Even though I'm clearly covered by insurance, they refused to make an appointment even when I said I would cover it out of pocket.
Regardless of their excuses, I have little faith in an office that can't handle issues when that is their primary business.
jcobb40
AG
Dr. Jimmy Baros is the best. Great Aggie family and he loves to talk A&M.
AAM02
AG
Dr. AAM02 here. My recommendation is to rub a taco on it.
UnderoosAg
AG
AAM02 said:

It's tacos that helped create the problem in the first place.

But I'll try anything.
UnderoosAg
AG
UnderoosAg said:

Why yes, I've learned to clench my ass cheeks hard enough to keep me constantly right on the edge of a massive MI.

In a cruel twist of fate, the physical therapist this afternoon ID'd the two problematic muscles, one of which is the upper glute. So we start stretching exercises, the first of which is "alright, now bend your knees... Now clench your butt muscles like your holding a $100 bill.".

No MI ensued.
Obi Wan Ginobili
AAM02 said:

That sounds filthy.
AgsMyDude
AG
jcobb40 said:

Dr. Jimmy Baros is the best. Great Aggie family and he loves to talk A&M.

See him as well
FIDO*98*
AG
loveaTm said:

I have an upcoming first appointment with them because people LOVE them. So I'm curious what they did wrong before I go. Was it the docs or the office staff you had an issue with?

They are great doctors and wonderful people. Don't hesitate. Just know there is another side to the story
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.