Looking for a Children's optometrist

624 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Emotional Support Cobra
dead zip 01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations?
It's looking like my son who just turned 5 is going to need glasses. I have a doctor I use and really like but was hoping to find someone who specializes in children. Thanks.
agdoc2001
AG
Jeffrey Cohen is a pediatric ophthalmologist. He's blunt, he doesn't sugar coat anything, but he's very good.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Beckdiesel03
AG
We see McCash and love him.
TomDoss91
AG
My boys see Dr. Cohen. We like him. "Blunt" is a good word. My younger guy ended up needing surgery for strabismus. I will say that his bedside manner improved significantly in that instance. It can be humorous to hear him interacting with the staff. He does not put up with anything.

We also saw Dr. Zwaan in the medical center for a short time. Not bad...like Dr. Cohen better.

That said...we saw Dr. McCash before his practice quit taking Blue Cross/Blue Shield. I highly recommend him above the others if he takes your insurance. The BEST interaction with the kids and that gives off the quiet confidence vibe that he knows what he is doing and doesn't need to tell you why he's good. Hard to explain...like those elite athletes that know they're great and don't feel the need to "toot their own horn" because it is self-evident.
Beckdiesel03
AG
McCash's cash price isn't bad. We see him for our youngest sons droopy eye and for a complete exam with dilation and diagnoses was cheaper than me getting my teeth cleaned.
TCSD84
McCash.
Hullabaque
AG
Another for McCash
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
I believe we saw McCash several years ago when our son got a really huge stye growth. And I also believe we paid Mc"Cash" but were very happy with the results.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.