Fuel "shortage"

7,206 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Beckdiesel03
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Last night, station had only regular -- no diesel or premium.

Sounds like a shortage, and not all cleared up.

For those with vehicles requiring higher octane fuel, this guy is $6 at autoparts store. They have been out of the octane boosters, but store rep recommending this (Lucas oil fuel additive and cleaner) -- not marketed as octane booster but it does that, and more. Read up and bought a couple. Never used these before, but might start putting in our other vehicles periodically.

Beckdiesel03
AG
My FIL had 3 different coworkers try to sell him premium fuel for $5 a gallon when this was going on so they could make a profit. They got all their gas cans and filled them up hoping for a pay day. Idiots. I had to laugh when he told me that today
p_bubel
Quote:

My FIL had 3 different coworkers try to sell him premium fuel for $5 a gallon when this was going on so they could make a profit.

Good grief.
p_bubel
Cars will run fine if you use the regular stuff instead of premium.

The computer will ****** the timing to adjust. You'll lose a little mpgs and power but it'll be fine.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Yea his car doesn't use premium and obviously neither did any of the people that these idiots know bc they are all sitting with gallons of it now. I hadn't really heard of any stupid gas stories personally up here in NB other than seeing the people waiting , but man the stories I got yesterday from FIL and the people in SA more than made up for it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.