Fuel "shortage"

7,187 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Beckdiesel03
GinaLinetti
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GinaLinetti
AG
People are losing their minds. Lines for a mile or more to get gas.
bam02
AG
Idiots. I'm gonna fill up tomorrow or Saturday or Sunday or whenever I get low.
MookieBlaylock
AG
How is the tortilla shortage?
p_bubel
****ing morons.

I actually need gas, but I'm not messing with that garbage.

But no more Confederate statue to torment the poor idiots that didn't know it existed till 6 months ago.
superunknown
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

How is the tortilla shortage?

My hoodrat HEB was all out of flour tortillas yesterday.
UnderoosAg
AG
p_bubel said:

I actually need gas, but I'm not messing with that garbage.

I'm about at the point where I'd normally stop and fuel, but F that S. I'll run it dry and walk before playing that game.
88planoAg
AG
Husband stuck because he doesn't have enough to get home without stopping, lines are crazy.

Was fascinating to watch this happen. Posts began appearing about mid-morning regarding DFW. Then I saw one about Marble Falls around lunch. Told him to get gas then because it was coming....

Then at 3 was in Boerne, lines began to form at Walmart. 4pm and lines at Valero by the school began to impede traffic. Now 6:30 and he is in line for 30 minutes.
bjh19
AG
The gas panic of 2017. Bad side of social media showing itself.
Build It
AG
If anyone finds gas close to UTSA please let me know. my son is trying to pick up his Grandma from the airport and drive her to Houston on Friday.
88planoAg
AG
Build It said:

If anyone finds gas close to UTSA please let me know. my son is trying to pick up his Grandma from the airport and drive her to Houston on Friday.
Not too close but a couple of hours ago Leon Springs HEB had gas and lines weren't too long
Build It
AG
Thanks I'll let him know
Zip 88
I wonder if some dumbass will try siphoning from vehicles in driveways.
GinaLinetti
AG
I'd bet sams/Costco/Walmart/H-E-B have fuel in the morning.
UnderoosAg
AG
Zip 88 said:

That's a given, as will knuckleheads selling "gas" that is mostly water
TB40
AG
Valero @Babcock and Huermann had plenty of gas and no lines at about 830.
Thanks,
Matt
88planoAg
AG
There was a fight in boerne and an attendant at HEB was hit with a car (not seriously injured)
Ulrich
This is not a real shortage, there is plenty of inventory and refineries and ports are already starting back up. The only issue is having enough trucks and drivers to get fuel from the terminal to the gas station while everyone panic-buys at once.
UnderoosAg
AG
I lied. Got down to about 1/16 of a tank. Texaco at 10 and Wurzbach by the HEB had gas so I stopped on way home. Waited about 15 mins. One line formed out to access road, another line on the side road. No honking, no fights, couple of cars had to spin around to get fuel door on correct side, no drama. Everyone just waited patiently. Pleasant surprise.

Clerk was outside watching. About 11:30 he said they were down to about 600 gallons and figured they'd be out in about 30 minutes. I didn't catch all of what he was telling another guy, but it sounded like his next drop wasn't until Tuesday.
GinaLinetti
AG
This was that same station about 4. It's on my way home

gigemags-99
AG
I was down to 15 miles left on my fuel range so I had to get gas this morning (approx 6:30). There was gas at the Exxon station off I-10 and Ralph Fair Road. Had to wait for one car, but was able to fill up. I was talking to the guy next to me about how crazy this is. There is no shortage and we would have been fine if people went about there normal routine. I said, it's especially these idiots filling up extra gas cans...when he was done filling up his truck, he proceeded to reach in the bed to pull out a gas can. Oops. Lol. He told me he thought it was stupid too, but his wife made him do it.

I pulled into the gas station parking lot and got a cup of coffee. Hung around for a while to watch the entertainment as the station got busier. What a cluster! Good entertainment though.
superunknown
AG
gigemags-99 said:

He told me he thought it was stupid too, but his wife made him do it.

Oh, so his wife is stupid too.
Build It
AG
We are putting grandma on the luxury bus to houston. Kid couldn't find gas. Better this way anyway as nonneed for them to be on roads.

For what it's worth what I know is supply is short and pipeline is shut down. Sweeney refineries flooded. Baytown I believe are all starting back up. Port Arthur to Beaumont refineries are flooded and shut down. No idea what is available in storage once they get drivers and trucks. Most stations out in Houston. Walmart still has some by me. Murphy oil to the rescue.
Vernada
AG
This idiotic hysteria looks like it might keep me from making my trip Fredericksburg this weekend.
Secolobo
AG
Zip 88 said:

Now cars don't even have gas caps much less locking ones...
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
My dad tried to siphon gas out of his 2009 lexus and could not due to security features.

Because of this idiocy my folks can't get back to their house on the coast.
AggieBusDriver
AG
Refilled my wife's Expedition (had 30 miles remaining on the tank) in Bulverde. The cops there were great, very orderly. One car cut around 30 cars and tried to cut into a new line and the cops saw it, pulled her out of the line and then gave her some sort of citation.

Then the station owners were only allowing vehicles to be filled up - not containers. Which was helpful but several arguments ensued that I witnessed.

Oh well - people are high on emotions right now.
TB40
AG
Had five idiots call in to work this morning due to no gas in their cars and no gas anywhere. This is why Facebook should be banned.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Yeah no gas just turned into a 4 day weekend for your idiot employees
Return to Glory
AG
Any ideas on the best way to get gas? Seems like most stations are out and the ones that have it are extremely crowded.

Go late at night or early in the morning? Thanks

UnderoosAg
AG
Try the bigger chain stores like Valero early in the morning. Or just wait in line.

Friends in Houston can't flush their toilets, use their showers or do laundry because their sanitary sewer pumps are underwater. They said meh, we go to some friends house a mile over. Meanwhile our local idiots fill trash cans with gas.
F4GIB71
My neighbor had her kids later in life so older that most of the other Moms. Overheard some 30 something saying she had 3/4 of a tank but her husband insisted she full up. He was going to get the boat and make sure it was full because, after all, it is Labor Day weekend and they need to take to boat out.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Tortillas still out of stock
BlackLab
AG
Drove by 6-8 gas stations in the rim/Leon springs/boerne area. All out of gas.
aggie_fan13
AG
you know its bad when people are using that gas station, drive by almost everyday in the summer and nobody was ever there
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.