Building/Consruction Permits???

693 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by p_bubel
bam02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm about to start a bathroom remodel at our house and I'm wondering if I need any permits to do the work. I've already done all the demo and plan to do the framing, tile work (including drain pan) myself. It shouldn't require any plumbing beyond basic connections. No walls are being removed or changed, either.

A plumber pulled a permit a while back to repair a leak in the shower plumbing. That was the impetus for this whole project. I don't want to go to sell the house at some point and then get into a mess about permits.
babie_kreauxda
AG
yes. call 207-1111 and they will talk you through what you need to do.
bam02
AG
Gracias! Hopefully the permit process is not the kick in the junk I would imagine.
p_bubel
Quote:

I don't want to go to sell the house at some point and then get into a mess about permits.
I'm sure there are cases where this happened, but I've never seen it in my past 6 years of working in real estate.
Roger That
AG
p_bubel said:

Quote:

I don't want to go to sell the house at some point and then get into a mess about permits.
I'm sure there are cases where this happened, but I've never seen it in my past 6 years of working in real estate.

And this comes from a guy who just paid a fat permit fine
p_bubel
Sure.

But I live in a historic district where they watch for those things like a hawk. And it was only for the exterior work done. They haven't bothered me about anything else going on in the house.

Still doesn't change what I said about a non-permit for a bathroom remodel holding things up in a real estate transaction.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.