It's gonna rain

2,134 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AAM02
LawHall88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

The San Antonio area could receive 6-10 inches on rain this weekend as Tropical Storm Harvey inches toward the Alamo City, resulting in thunderstorms and possible flash-flooding.

A tropical storm warning was issued for Bexar County as Harvey is "rapidly intensifying and intensity forecast at landfall has increased," officials with NWS said.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Record-breaking-rain-could-fall-in-Bexar-County-11955323.php
Danther37
AG
LawHall88 said:

Quote:

The San Antonio area could receive 6-10 inches on rain this weekend as Tropical Storm Harvey inches toward the Alamo City, resulting in thunderstorms and possible flash-flooding.

A tropical storm warning was issued for Bexar County as Harvey is "rapidly intensifying and intensity forecast at landfall has increased," officials with NWS said.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Record-breaking-rain-could-fall-in-Bexar-County-11955323.php

p_bubel
GinaLinetti
AG
So does anyone know what we are really looking at tonight and tomorrow? Every station has a different forecast
LawHall88
AG
I'm beginning to think this may be close to a non-event here. Couple of inches rain each day. Storm has already started to move away from us.

But I'm no weatherman.
GinaLinetti
AG
I'm hoping you're right. I'm enjoying the rainy day. The fox weatherman was suggesting it was going to head west over floresville before heading south. This was an hour ago though
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Been without power since about 11:45 this morning. Anybody else?
GinaLinetti
AG
Mine was out from 7 til 9 this morning off stonehaven. I was Thebes's only house though. A tree knocked a line loose at the pole. What part of town?
LawHall88
AG
We're in Hunters Creek. Never lost power, at least not yet.
p_bubel
NE side still has power, as does my shack.
AggieRob93
AG
Lost power around 11:50am, restored around 4:30pm. This was the Inwood area.
momlaw
AG
San Antonio Power Outage Map

Texas Power Outage Map

Evidently the second is not communicating with San Antonio.
LawHall88
AG
NWS still forecasting 5-10 inches rain in San Antonio over the next few days.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
AggieRob93 said:

Bingo. We must be neighbors.
TX AG 88
AG
Never lost power in Deerfield, and really haven't had that much rain. My pool says we've gotten maybe 4 inches...

Was in Port Aransas last weekend for a vacation, really hoping the damage there isn't as bad as they seem to think it might be.
Whens lunch
AG
AggieRob93 said:

Ditto.
LawHall88
AG
LawHall88 said:

I don't want to say anything that could be perceived as making light of the tragic impact of Harvey, but boy did forecasters whiff on the San Antonio impact. Less than 2 inches rain, some wind.
AAM02
AG
LawHall88 said:

LawHall88 said:

I don't want to say anything that could be perceived as making light of the tragic impact of Harvey, but boy did forecasters whiff on the San Antonio impact. Less than 2 inches rain, some wind.

I was promised ideal toobing conditions on Austin Highway and it was nothing like that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.