Friends Family Maybe Moving

841 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SA Ag 91
Post removed:
by user
GinaLinetti
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like it's northeast isd so the schools should be good. I don't really know much about that area though
superunknown
AG
Good location, good area. For thousand oaks generally the closer to 281 you are, the better. Towards the other end (my hood) you're dealing with lots of metro pcs and cricket stores, plenty of discount auto insurance places in buildings that used to be fast food and people who put nooses around their necks and light themselves on fire before jumping off bridges.
p_bubel
superunknown said:

Good location, good area. For thousand oaks generally the closer to 281 you are, the better. Towards the other end (my hood) you're dealing with lots of metro pcs and cricket stores, plenty of discount auto insurance places in buildings that used to be fast food and people who put nooses around their necks and light themselves on fire before jumping off bridges.
Currently, still my hood as well.
superunknown
AG
p_bubel said:

superunknown said:

Currently, still my hood as well.

I love this area. Would love to stay in it if SA is my permanent home. It has it's moments but i cant say I've ever felt in danger or out of place. It's a little rough around the edges but i like it that way.
p_bubel
Grew up on Perrin-Beitel/Nacogdoches just north of Thousand Oaks, it's not nearly as "rough" as it was 15 years ago but not the same place I grew up in either. Values due appear to be increasing, which is encouraging.

It's not a bad place by any stretch. I would avoid apartment living in the area though. My folks have been in the same place 45 years now. The Perrins and the Beitels were still living on the two lane road when they moved out here. McArthur is still viewed as a better school than Madison, from what I gather. If you're looking long term.

(I'm here till I get my dump livable)
superunknown
AG
I wish the HEB at PB and thousand oaks wasnt so crappy. The one at Nac and OConnor blows it away and its still just a basic HEB.
SA Ag 91
AG
Not sure if it make a difference, and it has been "many" years, but the store at Nacogdoches and PB used to be an Albertsons - i.e. it was not built as an HEB. When the parking lot at the Midnight Rodeo was full we would park at the Albertsons and play "frogger" running across Thousand Oaks. Ahhhhh, the good ol' days.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.