Property Tax Protest

3,825 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TXAggie4Christ
AggieArchitect04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is anyone else still waiting for a date to dispute the county's appraisal of your property?
I turned in my protest online over 2 months ago.

I've got my own appraisal (refi), CMA, and photos showing the squalor we live in.
I'm ready to get this thing done but can't even get a date from the county.
jgh85Ag
AG
I didn't get a date last year until Sept.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Mines done

They aren't very giving this year
p_bubel
AggieArchitect04 said:

Is anyone else still waiting for a date to dispute the county's appraisal of your property?
I turned in my protest online over 2 months ago.

I've got my own appraisal (refi), CMA, and photos showing the squalor we live in.
I'm ready to get this thing done but can't even get a date from the county.
Still waiting on mine as well. Requested it in person down at the county tax office.

States:
Protest Status:

OP(OPEN PROTEST)

in BCAD though. So, just a matter of time.
AggieArchitect04
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Mines done

They aren't very giving this year

There's a >$20,000 difference in their appraisal and the refi's. If they don't play ball, I'll drag it through a formal hearing and then hire an attorney to take it to court.

Then I'll do the same thing next year.
SanAntoneAg
AG
I did the online protest. And did not include supporting documents/info or photos. They offered me a lower valuation electronically which I quickly accepted.

To say I was surprised is an understatement.
Gig 'em! '90
MookieBlaylock
AG
I am on year 10of appealing

3 football stadiums for sheet football

AggieArchitect04
AG
I got this a couple of weeks ago from someone.
Pretty good summation:
http://ireader.olivesoftware.com/Olive/iReader/MidlandReporterTelegram/SharedArticle.ashx?document=HMRT%5C2017%5C07%5C23&article=Ar01700
TCSD84
Do NOT use Property Tax Reduction Service on Grissom or Reagan Orr, who I believe is in Alamo heights. They both suck.

I can marginally recommend Arthur Veltman who is one of the better protest companies in what is a very shallow pool of talent. I've just found that the vast majority of these companies are after the quick buck (your flat fee)and don't care to be bothered with anything more than cursory protest. Probably why so many people who have time, protest their taxes themselves.
BBGigem
AG
I did mine a while ago online. Everything was done online. They actually accepted the value I said it should be. Of course I had a good basis for it not just some number pulled out of my ... like they did. Good luck!
TXAggie4Christ
AG
Howdy Ags,

I'd be happy to help you all with any protest support if you're still waiting on a meeting with the county?

Realtor in Schertz and have set folks up with a market analysis for recent sales from last 3-6 months to support their protest. You can message me or get my cell at BuySellSanAntonioHomes.com

No charge for helping out......love serving Ags and SA neighbors. Class of '96 here and daughter is Class of '13.

CD
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.