Primary care physician (Stone Oak preferred) recs?

1,776 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TheDino
Pendragon12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for any recs on a, preferably, female internal medicine doc in Stone Oak. I'm willing to travel for a really good doctor, but Stone Oak would be convenient. Also okay with a family practice doc if she is really good.

The doctor I'm currently seeing has been awful. Like, he's forgotten to run tests when I've been sick or do proper exams awful. I would like to never step foot in his office again if I can help it.

Thanks for any and all help.
Brush Country Ag
AG
If you were closer to Corpus , I could help you out. I do have a good Orthopaedic there, however.
Ginormus Ag
AG
I go to a big practice at the new Methodist hospital. The name of the practice is IMED. I go to a man doctor, but they have women there, too. I am happy with them. They have an on site lab and you can get your results online.
bam02
AG
For a female in Stone Oak I like Angela Malarcher. If a male is OK I think Aaron King is phenomenal.
bam02
AG
Oh actually I forgot Dr. Divya Muthappa.
She is outstanding, too!
Nick Papageorgio
AG
I see Dr. James Barros in Stone Oak. He's an Ag
Tursiops93
AG
bam02 said:

For a female in Stone Oak I like Angela Malarcher. If a male is OK I think Aaron King is phenomenal.
I second Aaron King, MD. Switched to him a year ago and he's been great! They do have a female PA at their practice.
Ag86Hotard109
AG
Pendragon12 said:

Looking for any recs on a, preferably, female internal medicine doc in Stone Oak. I'm willing to travel for a really good doctor, but Stone Oak would be convenient. Also okay with a family practice doc if she is really good.

The doctor I'm currently seeing has been awful. Like, he's forgotten to run tests when I've been sick or do proper exams awful. I would like to never step foot in his office again if I can help it.

Thanks for any and all help.

I have to ask.....who is your current doctor?....just so we'll all know.
AgsMyDude
AG
Nick Papageorgio said:

2nd this
AG_2006
AG
Go see Thomas Mieras. His office is off of medical and datapoint. He's a great primary care doc. He came highly recommended, and we've enjoyed him.
Secolobo
AG
Nick Papageorgio said:

I saw his brother Larry. Also great guy and AG. Wish I was still close.
SW AG80
AG
ttt
FIDO*98*
AG
I'm a pharmaceutical rep and cover Stone Oak and Med Center. I know all of the PCPs in the area very well. If you're still looking for a female, I stand with my earlier post of Dr. Muthappa. She's American born despite the name and is an excellent doctor as well as being very personable. I hate to say it, but, she's really the only female I'd even consider sending my wife to if she needed a female doctor in Stone Oak. They also have Saturday clinic at that office. Dr. Aaron King and Saleh Jaafar (Son's an Ag) are hands down the best primary care docs in the Stone Oak area if you want to consider a guy. They are the only two I'd go to if I needed a doc. Possibly Dr Paley as well.

Over in the Med Center you have a few more female options. Dr Amy Thomas (AG), Anna Rodriguez, and Mary Harr are excellent physicians and would all be great options. On the male side, Manny Rodriguez is my doc and one of the best in the city. Drs Scott Thomas and Thomas Mieras are great Docs and are both Aggies
Pendragon12
AG
Thanks everyone for the recs! And as to who my doc is, I'll PM the name but I don't want to blast someone's name on a forum. A lot of folks I know really like him, but he just hasn't done well by me.

I will say he was not one of the docs recommended here.
bam02
AG
Pendragon12 said:

Thanks everyone for the recs! And as to who my doc is, I'll PM the name but I don't want to blast someone's name on a forum. A lot of folks I know really like him, but he just hasn't done well by me.

I will say he was not one of the docs recommended here.

Was his name mentioned on here? I have a hunch it was.

That wouldn't give anything away.
Pendragon12
AG
Nope. At least not on this thread. A lot of people where I work seem to like him which is where I got the original rec.
TheDino
AG
I was able to schedule an annual physical with Dr. James Baros for next Monday. Thanks everyone for your responses on this thread.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.