New to area. Cutting cord. Who's the best internet provider?

1,109 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by UnderoosAg
$240 Worth of Pudding
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Live south of 1604 off of Bitters.

Thanks y'all.
Obi Wan Ginobili
I hated having them for cable, but Spectrum (formerly Time Warner) always seemed to have great internet speeds.

It might be worth finding out if AT&T Fiber is in that area.

I have regular AT&T internet and it is a hot pile of garbage.

Are you going completely without TV, or are you looking at a SlingTV/Playstation Vue setup?
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
We are doing Sling.

Yeah, I checked into AT&T Fibet and they're not in my area. I was already leaning toward Spectrum but thought I'd get some input from those of y'all that had been here awhile.

Thanks!
Whitetail
AG
Yeah, I only have Spectrum internet (100 Meg). Plenty fast enough for my cord cutting. Get a good router (don't rent) if you have a decent sized house.
Señor Chang
AG
Switched from AT&T to spectrum a few months ago. It's cheaper and faster, and I can use my own modem/router and not pay a monthly fee.
Whitetail
AG
Also there are no caps for how much data you use.
TX AG 88
AG
spectrum is your only real option since no fiber in your neighborhood.

FWIW, Deerfield (Bitters/Blanco) had fiber installed last year or so. So, you could get that as an option, soon.
UnderoosAg
AG
As mentioned, it's going to depend a lot on area. They all suck, they're all overpriced, and they all will have great deals if you switch.

I had Spectrum and it sucked balls. I knew what I was in for having been a TWC mark, er, customer before, but they had everyone beat on price. Finally gave up and bundled AT&T with DirecTV. Cheaper than Spectrum and the fiber in our neighborhood makes a world of difference.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.