Buyer beware- ARF Texas

2,338 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by James Walker `02
GinaLinetti
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A friend of mine recently adopted a rescue from ARF out of Seguin. They were told it was potty trained and great around other animals and children.

Within the grace period the wife called and express concerns (dog not potty trained and has been aggressive with both the other dogs in the house) The dog even went for Pearls throat while she was sleeping (old lab). The rescue begged them to try it a bit longer and then started avoiding phone calls.

Fast forward to now. My friends are still trying to give the damn dog back and the crazy broads that work up there have gone to far as to post that the dog may be in danger and my friends are crazy. If I were them I would have had it put down once it started showing aggression and sent ARF the bill but they are way nicer than I am.

Moral of the story, don't use them to find your next rescue.
SA Ag 91
AG
You could post this over on the outdoor board if you really want to screw ARF over.
AggieDarlin
AG
Let me try to get more info on this.
AggieDarlin
AG
Lol...I just caught up with the internet postings with your friend and the rescue going back and forth. I'm giggling because I remember seeing that dog being shared the other day by frantic rescue barbaras and I was thinking, "If she's so concerned, why isn't she cancelling plans or having a rescue rep go get the dog?" and I clicked off and away.

Anyway, I'm always very leery to believe any stories regarding vets/trainers/rescues until I get thorough info from both sides. Based on what I've seen with the rescue's response, she's handling this very poorly and the bad press she'll likely get is going to end up hurting a lot of dogs unless she clinches this up in more professional manner.
GinaLinetti
AG
It's bananas! At this point the are leery of her just pushing the dog off on another family that wouldn't really be a good fit. I think they are going to look for an individual who can give the dog a happy home. That lady is all sorts of crazy pants. I'm always skeptica of post like that anyways but actually knowing the people involved it makes me mad. They are really good to their pets. Hell. I'd be their dog.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Yea....I'm gonna need to hear updates on this.
bonfarr
AG
Why does it seem like most of the people involved in pet rescue are BSC?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
GinaLinetti
AG
Another employee at the rescue contacted them and took down the post about the rescue being fearful for the dogs safety. When asked if the rescue would find a better fit for the dog that didn't involve other dogs or small children, the rescue wouldn't guarantee anything so my friends are finding a home for the dog quietly on their own. Sorry it's anticlimactic. I do wander if anything was said to the crazy pants lady that worked for the rescue.
Humorous Username
AG
Howdy, stranger. Thought you might want to know that Mrs. Username will be teaching 4th grade this coming school year.

Hope all is well.
GinaLinetti
AG
Hello to you too! Will she be at the same school!?

I will be teaching ecc this year!
Humorous Username
AG
Yep, same school. She's starting her Masters in Ed Administration this fall, and her principal is working with her to set her up on the principal route.

Are you teaching ECC at your same school?
GinaLinetti
AG
That's great! Yep. I'll be at my same school! Drinks and dinner soon! Are y'all doing the sec tailgate at Aggie park?
Mike Elko
AG
Another successful TexAgs hookup?! (couple/couple, not family/dog)
Humorous Username
AG
The Mrs. is up for dinner and drinks.

Not sure about the tailgate.
James Walker `02
AG
Were they dealing with Barbara (I won't post her last name but she's a friend of my mothers and I can totally see this)? She has placed two crazy ass dogs with my sister, one of which had to be put down for biting children.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.