Sprinkler Contractor

2,615 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HillCountryRetreatAg
ValleyRatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just received a notice from SAWS that I need to have my residential backflow preventer for my home irrigation system inspected.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a qualified irrigation contractor?

I noticed a company named Aggie Horticultural on the approved inspectors list, does anyone have any history with or knowledge of them.

Thank you.
Roger That
AG
I've used him a couple times.. he's generally really slow but eventually showed up.
Old Jock 1997
AG
Allen Backflow
210-630-5501

Very attentive. I think his rate is $80 if I'm not mistaken?
Whitetail
AG
Stay away from Earlybird, that jackrabbit didn't understand what a doubler was, so he uninstalled it, and jerry-rigged 2 of my zones with an in ground battery powered controller. $400 of stupid tax that I am just now fixing myself.
Burdizzo
AG
Any licensed plumber should be able to inspect your backflow preventer. It does not have to be a licensed irrigator, although it may be a good idea if you want them to also check out your sprinkler system too.
ValleyRatAg
AG
Thanks for the info so far. I was going to go ahead and have the whole system checked out there are a couple of repairs needed that I already know about.
Old Jock 1997
AG
Burdizzo said:

Any licensed plumber should be able to inspect your backflow preventer. It does not have to be a licensed irrigator, although it may be a good idea if you want them to also check out your sprinkler system too.

I'm not sure that's correct -- it is my understanding they have to be inspected by someone certified I think by the TCEQ.
billies_64
James Garvin
Garvin Irrigation Services- 210-837-0021

Cost $50. He showed up day after I called him and event sent the report to SAWS for me.
Would definitely recommend his services.
SW AG80
AG
Alamo Irrigation is who we use. We are happy with them.
TCSD84
I use Newsome sprinklers and plumbing. I think they're good overall. Show up on time and answer the phones promptly. They do sprinklers and plumbing both. Two separate parts of one company.
Aquin
AG
I recommend Art Perez. His company is called "Just a Good Sprinkler Man". 210-248-4450. Bought an existing house with a crappy system. Couldn't find an honest contractor. Art stayed with the job and it works great. Leave your number on his phone. He returns all calls after 5pm. A really good guy.
Dos Tortugas
AG
Aquin said:

I recommend Art Perez. His company is called "Just a Good Sprinkler Man". 210-248-4450. Bought an existing house with a crappy system. Couldn't find an honest contractor. Art stayed with the job and it works great. Leave your number on his phone. He returns all calls after 5pm. A really good guy.

I use Art as well. Great guy. He is super busy, but does a good job for a reasonable price.
maroonblood08
AG
gooseegg01 said:

Aquin said:

I use Art as well. Great guy. He is super busy, but does a good job for a reasonable price.

Here to echo these remarks. very prompt service and reasonable price.
yutyutag05
AG
Art is great. Used him a few weeks ago. Very flexible with scheduling and helpful with sending in the report (as well as archiving it).
HillCountryRetreatAg
S
Thanks to all of you for recommending Art Perez. YOU WERE RIGHT! Art and Robert came out as scheduled, fixed all the issues we had, and adjusted all of the sprinkler system. I will always call Art when I need help. Art is a very honest and ethical person. For those of you needing sprinkler help here is Art's contact information:

Art Perez
Just a Good Sprinkler Guy
10730 Potranco Road
Suite 122-283
San Antonio, TX 78251

2101-248-4450
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.