Neighborhoods near New Braunfels

1,824 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Beckdiesel03
SquirrellyDan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

We're moving to the area soon (sometime this summer) and will be renting an apartment while looking for houses. We'd originally planned on moving somewhere around Boerne but now we are settled on the New Braunfels/Canyon Lake area.

Two neighborhoods we're interested in are Manor Creek in NB and Vintage Oaks in Canyon Lake. Anyone live here or have any info or advice you'd like to share on these neighborhoods or recommendations on others in the area to check out?

Thanks in advance!
End Of Message
AG
River Oaks
River Chase
Havenwood
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
F4GIB71
I live in Mountain Springs Ranch, a few miles further north from Vintage Oaks. Love it here but depends on your perspective. I don't mind driving a little to go to store, restaurants, church, etc. as long as I don't have to fight traffic getting out of my neighborhood. We have HEB, Home Depot, and Tractor Supply just a few miles away in Bulverde. (Walmart too but I don't go there). 46 to Bulverde can get a little heavy but that is a relative term. Drive into New Braunfels is easy but 15 miles. I have a friend in Spring Branch who moved from Friendswood. He liked convenience of everything in close proximity in Friendswood but didn't think twice about fighting just to get out of his neighborhood.
fido00
AG
I live in Oak Run, which is about a mile or so East of Manor Creek. I like it out that way, but in the mornings there is some traffic getting up on 35. I do like having the HEB right there, and now it is not crowded thanks to the new one up on 35/306.
agdoc2001
AG
Traffic on 46 getting progressively worse. See Pinche's post.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BEaggie08
AG
Vintage Oaks is great. My parents live in Havenwood. Can't go wrong with either one. The nice thing about Havenwood is that you're close to 35, HEB, and Creekside (shopping, theater ,and restaurants). All 5 - 10 minutes from your doorstep, but you have no idea any of that exist from the community.
AgPT06
AG
We live in Mission Hills Ranch. 46 is getting busy and will only get busier as Veramendi builds out. There are 700 home sites starting development around the new elementary this year. For me, its no problem because my office is so close, but may be a factor for you. If schools matter to you, note that Vintage Oaks is Smithson Valley and Manor Creek is NB. If we move again we will get a lot in Copper Ridge because thgey are larger and still NBISD.
James Walker `02
AG
Call my wife Jordan Walker '02. Her contact information is on her webpage www.lakemcqueeney.com
She sells all around Comal and Guadalupe counties.
Ragoo
AG
Aggieman06 said:

We live in Mission Hills Ranch. 46 is getting busy and will only get busier as Veramendi builds out. There are 700 home sites starting development around the new elementary this year. For me, its no problem because my office is so close, but may be a factor for you. If schools matter to you, note that Vintage Oaks is Smithson Valley and Manor Creek is NB. If we move again we will get a lot in Copper Ridge because thgey are larger and still NBISD.
my parents are likely selling a lot in copper ridge.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Not sure where you are in life but we have several friends in Vintage Oaks. They love it but once you get one kid in school and the other in MDO in NB it turns into a lot of driving. That's the biggest complaint we hear.. Plus a lot of production builders have gone into VO.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.