Tree Removal Service Reco

1,791 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by lotsofhp
AggieRob93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have a monster ashe juniper (cedar) in front yard, probably 16-18" caliper trunk (up to about 6' off of the ground) and as tall as the roof on a two story home. Want to have removed and have stump ground, and looking for recommendations on who to use. If we were out in the sticks, I would simply cut and let fall, but inside the neighborhood it will likely need to be removed in a top-down fashion, or at least have some major trimming done prior to felling.
AgsMyDude
AG
What part of town?
AggieRob93
AG
Bitters/1604.
NastyNate
I just got a very competitive quote today to remove 3 medium size cedar trees from my backyard from Teague's Tree Service. Found them on Angie's list. Mention that's where you found them and you get 20% off. Was quoted $500 and after discount and negotiating, I got it down to $300. I'm in timberwood park so I'm sure they service your area as well.
AgsMyDude
AG
I just had 2 very large pines removed from my yard (I'm in Timberwood Park). I used Out on a limb tree service. Very professional, good pricing, and quick.
Jason C.
AG
Any luck with any of these companies?
NastyNate
They came out a week and a half ago and got the job done in about 1.5 hours. They also came out a couple days later on Saturday to repair the fence they broke when one of the morons cut a tree too far down before shaving enough off and making sure it would fall correctly. They were great about fixing it though. Got a call from the owner about 5 minutes after his guy broke the fence saying they would be out to fix it in 2 days. Overall, I got what I paid for. If you can get a competitive quote for around that amount, then go with another company. If you want something cheap and quick, give them a call. Just be warned that your Saturday morning might be taken up having to watch the guys fix your fence.
diehard81
AG
Hmmm...I just got a quote from Teague for 1 tree removal for $800!! And that's with Angies' list. It's a 20 ft., 12 inch wide dead oak tree. Not too happy with the discrepancy from 3 trees for $300 - even with the broken fence.

And I think he's a Aggie.....
NastyNate
Yea...that's a pretty big discrepancy. My three cedars ranged in stump size from around 10" to around 12". Probably about 20-23 ft (just over second floor roof. Cedars don't have much of a canopy but there is no way that would make up the difference. I'd tell you to call back and tell them to give you another quote but it's so far off I'm not sure if that would help. I got another quote from Tree Musketeers for around $600 before I ended up going with Teague. I felt like they were ripping me off but my dad has used them for a few years and always liked them and the price. Give them a call. The guy let me text him pictures of the trees and he gave me an instant quote. Definitely helped with not having to schedule time for them to come out. I'd ask if that is a possibility.
Señor Chang
AG
I called Teague's a couple weeks ago based on this thread. They were the cheapest of 3 estimates I got. I feel like they did a pretty half assed job. My next door neighbors used Out on a Limb recently and their trees look much better.
AgsMyDude
AG
diehard81 said:

Hmmm...I just got a quote from Teague for 1 tree removal for $800!! And that's with Angies' list. It's a 20 ft., 12 inch wide dead oak tree. Not too happy with the discrepancy from 3 trees for $300 - even with the broken fence.

I put a recommendation for a great company earlier in this thread.
Pooh Ah
AG
I am late to this thread for future reference

Tree Muskateers
p_bubel
Piggy Back this thread with this question, does anyone have a tree stump remover they could recommend?
lotsofhp
AG
diehard81 said:

Gotta pay for that fence...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.