Churchill High School

1,312 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by brotheraggie
brotheraggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any comments on this school?
MookieBlaylock
AG
It ****ing awesome
Best school in SA from 80 till 2000
And still kills it
brotheraggie
MookieBlaylock said:

It ****ing awesome
Best school in SA from 80 till 2000
And still kills it
Thanks for the reponse.
SA68AG
AG
Very good school
Zman91
AG
The school has a good reputation, however the apartments near the school would say that this good reputation will not last long. The area immediately around the school is declining and that is never good for a school.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Zman91 said:

The school has a good reputation, however the apartments near the school would say that this good reputation will not last long. The area immediately around the school is declining and that is never good for a school.
Both my kids went there (me too but that was a loooong time ago). It was great for them, but sadly I think Zman is right. Much more apartment interaction and over the last 4 years since my daughter has been out, I think it is changing quite a bit.
option short side
AG
Great school. The immediate apartments are scary and it is a really hot residential sellers market right now. It is unbelievable how expensive homes in Oak Meadow and Castle Hills Forest are selling for right now.
Bon_Mot1333
I taught there less than 10 years ago, and after being at 6 different campuses over my career, that school had the biggest disparity between the Haves and The Have Nots. A large portion of the population comes from high-achiever DNA families from the upper echelon of the economic range, but another big chunk of the students are on free lunch and have no long-term academic goals. A lot of this was blamed on the population relocation of Hurricane Rita and (as previously mentioned) the large number of apartments in the school zone. Without a doubt, the opening of Reagan and Johnson has changed the population of Churchill.
BlackLab
AG
What about Clark?

Not sure why the emoticon showed up.
Bon_Mot1333
Clark and Churchill are similar in more ways than not. Clark has that uber wealthy Dominion population along with Shavano Park, but it also has the largest number of apartment dwellers in Northside. They also share a border, so their similarities aren't too surprising.
Obi Wan Ginobili
I graduated from Churchill in 2007, and my brother followed 8 years later. We grew up in the Brook Hollow/281 area, so you can see what a large range WCHS covers.

The comment about it being sort of a polar opposites type of student population is mostly true. There are a bunch of apartment complexes (read: cheap housing) in the area, but it also includes Castle Hills, Churchill Estates, Hollywood Park, etc.

There are also a TON of great teachers there. Keep in mind that NEISD is still one of the best school districts in the state.

I'm sure it doesn't matter to a bunch of high school kids, but there is also the benefit that almost all the buildings on campus are relatively new/renovated. There is one main stretch of classrooms that could use some love, but the facilities are top notch.
TomDoss91
AG
My neighbors in Deerfield all have great things to say about Churchill. My boys will (likely) end up at Lee as they will be attending the NEISD STEM Academy that goes through Nimitz (MS) and Lee (HS). The first one starts at STEM this fall and #2 will join him in 2 years.
brotheraggie
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.