So we have tornados now...

1,332 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GinaLinetti
2008and1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tornado punched a hole in my roof. This is San Antonio, not Dallas or OKC.

WTF
Whitetail
AG
Sorry about your roof.

Rule #1?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Just missed my buddy's house on the north side of AH, sorry to hear. Four doors down from him they lost a good portion of their roof and then the house caught fire.

Extremely rare for a tornado, especially several, to be in SA and not tropical storm related.
2008and1
AG
We really got lucky (and unlucky at the same time). The tornado passed about 50 yards from my house. It just happened to drop a giant post onto my roof which punctured the hole. Could have been a lot worse.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
What is fascinating for tornado newbies like us, you could plainly see the path of the one that went from the north side of Olmos golf course and houses, where it bounced across 281, through Quarry golf and into northern AH.
p_bubel
It got my friend's house on Burnside pretty good.
ag-bq-seventy
AG
2008and1 said:

WTF
SA has always had tornadoes. There was an F4 back in 1953. They're rare, but they do happen.
Whitetail
AG
ag-bq-seventy said:

2008and1 said:

WTF
SA has always had tornadoes. There was an F4 back in 1953. They're rare, but they do happen.

I really had no idea, even after growing up in the area. I googled it and found an interesting list:

http://www.centraltexaszoomradar.com/2012/03/how-rare-are-south-texas-tornadoes.html
GinaLinetti
AG
I grew up north of here (Georgetown area) so tornados aren't new but a tornado in February is ****ed up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.