cuero, tx

1,495 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SanAntoneAg
Tatem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
any thoughts on Cuero??
thanks
Beckdiesel03
AG
My parents live there. It would bore me to tears to live there as well as their schools not being the greatest. Most people with the ability take their kids to Victoria for private school. There aren't very many places to eat and there is very little night life. It has picked up some since the oil boom but that isn't saying much. Obviously my parents enjoy it but they are retired and travel to the coast a lot.
Tatem
what's wrong with the schools?
Beckdiesel03
AG
They deal with a lot of poverty/ low income and I think that plays a huge roll in the bad ratings. My stepmom and several friends volunteer with the district and other education foundations so I know it's something that's important in the community but there is only so much they can do from what I've seen. On a plus side the new heb makes shopping there bearable now. Before for anything beyond basic staples you would have to go to Gonzales or Victoria HEB.
Tatem
thanks for the input!
maroonblood08
AG
Quote:

their schools not being the greatest. Most people with the ability take their kids to Victoria for private school.

I grew up in Cuero and know many of the residents still to this day. I do not know one person who moves/moved their children to Victoria for educational purposes.
Your other comments are fairly spot on regarding night life/restaurants etc as is the case with most towns with population of 7,000.

Cuero's main attributes are its proximity to several large cities while providing a small town lifestyle. Hour and a half from SA, Austin, Corpus Christi, Houston, as well as being an hour from the coast. There is also a great group of 25-35 year olds that are moving back/in to start families and businesses.
Matsui
AG
Their football team
Is awesome bormally
SanAntoneAg
AG
maroonblood08 said:

Quote:

their schools not being the greatest. Most people with the ability take their kids to Victoria for private school.

I grew up in Cuero and know many of the residents still to this day. I do not know one person who moves/moved their children to Victoria for educational purposes.
Your other comments are fairly spot on regarding night life/restaurants etc as is the case with most towns with population of 7,000.

Cuero's main attributes are its proximity to several large cities while providing a small town lifestyle. Hour and a half from SA, Austin, Corpus Christi, Houston, as well as being an hour from the coast. There is also a great group of 25-35 year olds that are moving back/in to start families and businesses.

Kinda sounds like the same Seguin logic but for a town of 30,000.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.