I am looking for a 1/2 cord of Firewood

1,539 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by george92
valtosca
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone care to share where I can find a 1/2 cord of firewood?

So far Craigslist has been a dud. There seem to be two main guys on Craigslist. One guy is a crazy "I've been up since 4 a.m. and I'm 26 years old" entitled guy. That dude has got about 100 listings, has a photo of his trailer and his phone number on the back. Another dude on there is a Texas State student who promises to show up but never does.

Thanks for your help!
Beckdiesel03
AG
I know a kid out of NB selling firewood but he got backed up a bit from all the demand. Let me find his contact info.
Beckdiesel03
AG
I just looked him up and he doesn't deliver out of NB. He said to try Rick at 210-313-3836
valtosca
AG
Beckdiesel03 said:

I just looked him up and he doesn't deliver out of NB. He said to try Rick at 210-313-3836

Thanks for the tip! For the record Rick is a trip and a half when you talk to him. I'm considering using him. He's just a little pricier since he's out of San Marcos (edit: not NB)

Still open to suggestions!
Beckdiesel03
AG
If you want to split a cord and pick up in NB I could use the other half and get the original kid to deliver
valtosca
AG
I'd be interested... How much does he charge? I found a guy in Medina that sounds promising but he's an hour away whereas I'm a 1/2 hour from NB...
Beckdiesel03
AG
Shoot me an email: my handle at yahoo.com
SA Ag 91
AG
I get my firewood from a guy who lives in Helotes.
Donald 210-316-0418.

Edited for phone number.
AG_2006
AG
There are folks selling wood along 281, north of 1604 next to the fireworks stands.
hillcountryag86
AG
Mountain View Wood Yard in Helotes seems to have a lot of wood. North of Helotes on Hwy 16, 17215 Bandera Rd. 210 695-8770.

Also near there is Villareal's. It's an ice house but sells firewood. 18508 Bandera Rd. 210 695-3627
BoozerRed78
AG
I bought 1/2 cord from this guy a couple of years ago, delivered & stacked. Don't know if he's still doing it or not. Name is Paul 210-289-8863
Pooh Ah
AG
Make sure you actually get a 1/2 cord and that they stack it appropriately for you to measure.
Cable0790
AG
Check with Jeff's backyard on Nokoma before you get to West ave. May not be the cheepest but the quality is good.
"Why don't you make 10 one louder?...This one goes to 11"
george92
I just purchased a lot in Boerne that has lots of wood already cut up and lots more that you can cut up. Its free to a good home. From what I can tell, its mostly trash wood that's good for a fire place (arizona trash wood). There is some good wood mixed in as well.

The property also has several buildings with good metal and good wood that will likely meet the fate of the bulldozer. I would love to make a deal with someone that might want to tear these down for me and in trade get to keep all of the usable materials.

Email me at t_bone_pickens at hotmail dot com if interested in either. Be patient because i don't check this email very often.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.