New Braunfels vs Canyon Lake

1,650 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aggie_3
BurnetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are looking to move next year around June(ish) to the NB or CL area from Austin. What are the pro's & con's of each area? We are going to rent for a year until we decide which neighborhood we want to be in. Which high schools seem stand out more than the others?

Thanks!
Beckdiesel03
AG
Canyon lake has some really nice areas. It also has a lot of trailer park methy areas. So there is definitely a mix of students.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
I would choose New Braunfels over the canyon lake area. As soon as the summer tourist season is over, it returns to that small town feel. Plenty of good local bars and restaurants.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Academically, most schools are pretty much the same in terms of the core courses they offer because that is determined by the TEA. I would take a look at the electives that the JH and HS offer. Comal ISD is a bigger district with more tax revenue available sourced by commercial business's which saves home owners money.

Stringfellow Hawke
AG
New Braunfels ISD has the advantage of tradition in terms of athletics as well as family oreinted events. Every year the district shuts down for the county fair and other numerous local events.
agdoc2001
AG
If you are moving in order to manufacture and distribute methamphetamines, Canyon Lake. If you are moving for any other reason, NB.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BurnetAg
Eh, that will be a hard no to the meth. NB it is and we are going to start looking for rentals here soon. Thanks everyone.
Human
AG
Good luck on finding rentals
Aggie_3
The only way you move to Canyon Lake area is if you end up with your kid going to Smithson Valley if not move to New Braunfels.
gumgardener
AG
Let me know if you are still looking for a rental. Just so happens i have one available within walking distance of downtown New Braunfels that just came vacant recently.

BurnetAg
Howdy! I'll be looking for a rental to start June (middle of) in the downtown side of NB with a 1 year lease. This way I can some time to scope out the area to see where we want to be.
Aggie_3
man where were you a few months ago before my wife and I reupped our lease.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.