Capitol Park Little League Senior All Stars

3,802 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Zman91
Zman91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
for the 2nd year in a row the Capitol Park Little League Senior All Stars have won the Texas West State Championship and have advanced to the Southwest Regional tournament in Seguin July 23-27. The winner of the regional tournament advances to the Little League Senior World Series in Bangor Maine.
OilFieldIRI
S
That's awesome news, hard work pays off.
p_bubel
Sure as hell we weren't doing that when I was playing there all those moons ago.
BBGigem
AG
Good stuff. Probably know a couple of those kids. Well, for sure I know one of the kids as I spoke to his dad a week or so ago and we were talking about this. My son played at Capitol Park with the kids that age.

Congrats and on to Maine!
Zman91
AG
Capitol Park wins their 1st game 13-3 over Tulsa National LL. Play their 2nd game Sunday morning at 10am.
Zman91
AG
Capitol Park beats New Braunfels 8-4 today. Next game is Monday night at 8pm vs West U Little League.
Zman91
AG
Capitol Park lost vs West U 4-3, played losers bracket game vs Louisiana and won 12-2. Now they play West U again for the right to go to World Series. Capitol Park must win 2 games vs West U to advance without losing.
BBGigem
AG
Those games are today?
Zman91
AG
quote:
Those games are today?
Yes, 1st game is at 10am in Seguin
2nd game if necessary will follow immediately afterwards

Zman91
AG
After delayed start plus 3 hour rain delay and change of venue Capitol Park wins vs West U 8-0. They play a final game tonight, whoever wins goes to Little League Senior World Series!
BBGigem
AG
Thanks for the update. Good luck to CPLL!
Zman91
AG
Capitol Park Little League defeated West U 15-5 ! They are going to the Little League Senior World Series in Bangor Maine July 31st - August 6th!!!!!!
OilFieldIRI
S
That's amazing!
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Congrats to the kids, great experience for them.
BBGigem
AG
Great stuff! Nice double dip to move on.
GinaLinetti
AG
Way to represent. Good work kiddos
goose91
AG
Congrats to Capitol Park!

My Brother-In-Law is the coach for West University. I was at several of the games the past few days and you guys have a great team!

Best of luck in Bangor!

Chris '91
ArcheryAg
Good luck at the World Series! We played West U at the senior state tourney and they have a solid team and program.
Zman91
AG
There was a West U fan that was scoring the games on GameChanger. Thanks to that fan for doing so, several Capitol Park fans were following the game on GameChanger.
Zman91
AG
This is the 2nd year in a row that these two teams have played for the right to go the the World Series. Last year West U beat Capitol Park 2 games in a row to advance, this year roles were reversed. Both teams played really good baseball and it was exciting to watch (or follow on GameChanger)
Zman91
AG
Capitol Park lost their 1st game in the World Series 9-8 to the team from Maine. Capitol Park was down 8-1 after 5 innings, battled back to tie it up at 8-8 in the top of the 7th but gave up the winning run in the bottom half of the 7th. They play again in a must win situation tomorrow at 7pm against the representative from the East region.
MAROON
AG
small world - was following those games on game changer.

wanted West U to win to see if we could win the Senior world series title for the third straight year - although honestly we lost the majority of the players who won the title those back to back years . I was surprised we went as far as we did this year.

Maine in August does not suck!
Zman91
AG
Capitol Park defeated East representative Clifton Little League from New Jersey 12-1. Next game is Tuesday at 12 noon vs the Asia/Pacific team.
Zman91
AG
Capitol Park's Senior All Stars post season run ended today with a 2-1 loss to Austrailia.
BBGigem
AG
Wow! I bet that was one good game. Sorry it didn't end up how we would have liked. Nice run for them for sure!
Gil Renard
AG
Is capital park Perrin Beital? Same fields new name?
Zman91
AG
quote:
Is capital park Perrin Beital? Same fields new name?
Capitol Park Little League was formed in 2002 by combining Perrin Beittel and Northeast Little Leagues. They still play on the same fields.
Zman91
AG
Update - 2017

Capitol Park Little League Seniors have won the Texas West state tournament for the 3rd year in a row. They will play in the Southwest Regional Tournament in Seguin July 21-27, looking for a 2nd straight trip to the Senior Little League World Series.
Zman91
AG
Capitol Park won their 1st game 12-1 , lost their 2nd game this morning 5-4. They play again today at 4pm.
Zman91
AG
Capitol Park lost for the second time on Saturday and have been eliminated. They have 3 consecutive trips to the Southwest Regional tournament and one Senior World Series appearance - not a bad run.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.