Bandera/Boerne question

2,875 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by hillcountryag86
Aust Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Dropping our teenagers off at Six Flags early this week for a day during Spring break. Don't want to have to drive all the way back to Austin for a few hours to have to come right back.
Thinking of going to visit Bandera/Boerne for the first time. Will still have our littlest one in tow with us. Good lunch reccs? Anything to do here other than walk the town squares? Would be cool if there was some easy access to water for the little guy to splash around in.

Trying to talk wife into this vs.walkiing Riverwalk for the 100th time.
LCE
AG
Flying L in Bandera has a little water park.
p_bubel
Maybe see if the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort or Hotel Elan has day passes for the pool area? They also have associated restaurants.

If not, there's always Lake Boerne with lunch at the Dodging Duck in town.
Aust Ag
AG
At the Duck now!
88planoAg
AG
Cibolo Nature Center is nice and has lots of shady areas. It's right down the road from Dodging Duck. You might try it after lunch.

Mr. 88PlanoAg
ScoutBanderaAg956
AG
Sorry I missed your post, I live in Bandera do I could direct you to a few areas, such as the city park, the pool at the RV park and various creeks as well as Flying L.
Tursiops93
AG
quote:
Maybe see if the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort or Hotel Elan has day passes for the pool area? They also have associated restaurants.

If not, there's always Lake Boerne with lunch at the Dodging Duck in town.
Love the Dodging Duck! Great food and right across the street from the water!
Carlo4
AG
kind of an old bump, but visiting this area this weekend and wanted some recommendations. Group of 6 adults and willing to travel 25 miles or so from Boerne to get there. Food, alcohol, site seeing... anything fair game.

Last time I was in Boerne, Shrek 2 hit the theaters... so it's been a while!

GinaLinetti
AG
Cibolo Creek brewing in borene is nails for food and drink. I like the beer at the duck, but the food quality has gone way down last couple times we were there.
hillcountryag86
AG
Bandera has a couple of bars. Not much for sightseeing unless you want to hike the State Natural Area.

Sounds like you should look at Fredericksburg with all the shops, wineries, restaurants.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.