So is Mike Taylor Ticket 760 gone?

26,401 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
Kramer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jennifer Dodds, his...umm...baby mama, is taking a gig in Green Bay after Christmas (she tweeted it and said "we will be" ). They have really young twins.

I find his radio show tolerable, but his personal life is a train wreck.
Ginormus Ag
AG
I guess he better go ahead and get that CDL he is always talking about. I doubt the "all things Texas" plays well in WI. Seems weird though, he be able to make that drive to Dallas on the weekend to see his other girls.
Matsui
AG
That sucks. 1250 is terrible and is basically a Q&A rambling session with incomplete sentences and broken English.

But I bet M Taylor is gone as well.

Green Bay? What a joke of a market.
p_bubel
Ugh. He's the only one here in town I can stand.
Kramer
AG
I think his fawning over her is pretty funny given the stories (some told on these very pages) about her.
Return to Glory
AG
Is that the girl he calls Fifa or Fitha on the Radio? Is that a nickname or something? Serious question...
Kramer
AG
Tita. Mexican for girlfriend.
Lungblood
Bring back Taint Ticket.
Kramer
AG
Evidently getting married today.

Well I guess that means Wally Passagassa will get the 4-7 slot.

Yeah! Guy does no show prep, has only opinion that he backs up with 2 other opinions, and has that moronic laugh.

[This message has been edited by Kramer (edited 11/30/2012 3:42p).]
AgDev01
AG
quote:
Well I guess that means Wally Passagassa will get the 4-7 slot

Dont see them making that mistake again.
rwtxag83
AG
Taylor is a punk. I hope he's gone.
rwtxag83
AG
Of course, I take that remark back if that Suburban with the Johnny Futbol sign is truly his.
Old Army Metal
AG
Taylor is the only show I can listen to consistently on the radio there. Besides Jack Riccardi. I love Dat Nguyen but if he were as good at football as he is at radio then he wouldn't be able to start for Rockport Fulton.
reemoorg
AG
Old Army Metal
AG
I wouldn't say he speaks broken English. He is, after all, a native speaker of the language and his isn't any worse than any random inner looper's.

I would say that he has a pretty thick accent. But not broken. He's not speaking pidgin. He's not asking you if you want fried or steamed rice. He's one of the best ILBs in TAMU history, show some respect.
SA-AG72
AG
Heard Spot on 760 this morning with Taylor saying he would be out to get married but back on air Monday.
Represent830
AG
Guess I'm in the minority, I actually like 1250 and Dat.

Can't stand Taylor though. Agree he doesn't do any prep and I love the start to his hour when he takes about 2 minutes to tell you who he is and what station he is on. Guess it is good filler when you have nothing better to say.
Sergeant Spanky
Mike Taylor is the man!
Odin
AG
Maybe the Thompson Brothers will come back
TX AG 88
AG
can't stand Taylor a bit.

quote:
albeit in very slow and broken English

Dat talks too fast, not "very slow". Pay attention, at least, then criticize if you must. I have to agree to the extent that I can't imagine this is his best line of work for future success...
AgDev01
AG
Dat's english isn't broken just a somewhat heavy accent. doesn't bother me in the least but i see how it could others.

As far as Taylor goes:

Per the EN.

quote:
Does this mean Dodd's husband, Mike Taylor, also will be leaving San Antonio … and his job as sports talk host on KTKR (Ticket 760)? That remains unclear. Neither Taylor, host of Sports Talk San Antonio for the past five years, nor his Clear Channel boss, Peter Bolger, returned my calls.

f2foxes2001
AG
Clear Channel is wacking several shows and on-air personalities. He may be gone, but that sux b/c he was the best guy on the air.
MookieBlaylock
AG
they should put the 2 black guys and walter together

be a hell of a show
Old Army Metal
AG
Right, because I don't get enough coverage of Chicago or Detroit or Kobe or Lebron outside of Wilbon Lite.

FM radio in San Antonio is already an airborne toxin. This would mean I could strike 760 off my pre-sets completely and just listen to KTSA whenever I'm in the car.
Matsui
AG
I agree the guys from 2-4 PM on 760 are pretty good.
TLA02
AG
Anyone else think Dodds holds the mic funny??
Return to Glory
AG
I switched from 760 to 1250 about a month ago and will never go back. On 760, (Mike Taylor) you had to listen for 30 minutes to get 5 minutes of content. Jason Minnix and Dat are great together.
Fire04
AG
Holy crap, been listening to Taylor for years and never knew Dodds was Pita.

I like Taylor, although it starts slow, he's not too biased, he also follows Texags. Dat is hard to listen to in rush hour.
Kramer
AG
Announcing status at 4:30 on 12/18 according to his twitter.
Lungblood
Gone
Lungblood
Says he's still gonna host show from Green Bay.
discobrob
AG
Moved to 6-9 in the mornings.
Matsui
AG
No big deal really. Hope he keeps the same bits like "people I wanna punch" and "cartel report"

Wonder how much non texan stuff he will cover.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
At least morning drive will be better. Hope they are not moving the morning dudes to the afternoon....they are boring.

They might as well give the 1-4 guys a shot at it.
bam02
AG
quote:
Wonder how much non texan stuff he will cover.

No reason to think it will be anymore than usual. He will be on 760 only. Not Green Bay airwaves.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.