Financial Planners

1,978 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by f2foxes2001
1997 AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody have or know of any good, local financial planners? Certainly does not have to be an Aggie. Just looking for new recommendations. Thanks.
AAM02
AG
Financial Planner or Financial Advisor?

http://raymondjames.com/montfort Tim Montfort is my financial advisor. Sharp guy, on the Board of Directors for the San Antonio A&M Club, and is great with customer service and follow-up.
dagsa03
AG
I would 2nd Tim Montfort, give him a call.
CoolaidWade
AG
what does he do, exactly? I need someone to help me with my retirement, mutual funds, pension, etc etc.

everytime i try to call a "financial advisor" they try and hard sell me life insurance. i don't need anymore life insurance.
AAM02
AG
wade - He can talk to you about whatever you've got going on. I never had a financial advisor but needed help transferring my 401k from my former employer's setup to something new, so he helped me out with that. We sat down and talked about my financial goals, what I was interested in investing in, my level of risk, etc.

I knew Tim as a friend through the Club so I knew I trusted him. He grew up around the financial industry because his dad is a financial advisor as well. He's younger than I am, but his knowledge base far surpasses my own. The SA A&M Club has already looked to him for his financial expertise on some of the initiatives we have going on.

I'm confident recommending him to anyone because I know anyone can trust him, and I know he'll do his best to meet anyone else's expectations too.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Tim Montfort. After you meet him you will understand the praise.

I had met Tim once or twice before; he's very involved in the SA A&M club. I've only known him briefly on a professional level but have thus far been blown away. He's professional and courteous, asks the right questions and tries to genuinely align his efforts with your financial goals. I went with him looking for someone that would stay in contact with me fairly regularly. He's been great.

I'd be happy to elaborate further via email:
aggiearchitect04 AT gmail DOT com

[This message has been edited by AggieArchitect04 (edited 2/14/2011 8:25p).]
Commander Bob
AG
I'd reccomend Tim Montfort as well. He's a good Aggie and I know many friends of mine that use him and they all say he does good work for them.

[This message has been edited by Commander Bob (edited 2/16/2011 9:33a).]
CoolaidWade
AG
well sounds good to me then.
goags2
AG
I use Cross Financial. Charles Nourie (Ag) and Kim Nourie at Hwy 281 and Winding Way.
knourie@crossgroup.com
Tell them Gary recommended.
FIDO*98*
AG
I've been going to Chris Powers for close to 10 years. He is a former president of the SA A&M club and a great guy to work with. I highly recommend giving him a call

Chris Powers, CFP®, AEP®, ChFC®
8610 N. New Braunfels, Suite 110
San Antonio, TX 78217

Office: 210-918-8968
Fax: 210-918-8969
Chris.Powers@tfgroup.com
f2foxes2001
AG
Raul Valencia, CFP CWS
Raul.valencia@frostbank
100 w. Houston st
Sa, to 78205
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.