Pier and beam house plumbing question

946 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BrazosDog02
Olag00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had to pull the toilet due to a wax ring issue and leaking from base of toilet. When I pulled it I noticed toilet paper still being seen. I am not familiar with peir and beam plumbing to know if there is a p-trap under the floor or if I need to auger out to clear a potential blockage. This is a rental but I like to do the fixes and they just deduct from rent anything I do. If I just went with my gut feeling I probably should auger it since now is the easiest time and would prevent a future issue. I know a slab foundation 99% no ptrap so I would need to auger.
schwack schwack
AG
I'd auger it. I don't think that is normal.
Olag00
AG
Yep, I tried with my drill powered auger. It wasn't "stiff" enough to make it through so I just texted landlord I couldn't fix it. They are calling the plumber now.
evan_aggie
AG
Dang, what a crappy job.
agnerd
AG
Toilet paper should dissolve with water and turn into a gooey liquid-type substance. Have you had guests over recently that either had a kid with them or wiped with "flushable" wipes? Any chance they ran out of TP and used a paper towel? That just look suspicious to me.
Olag00
AG
none of the above. However I am a renter and the previous tennant had kids as they had to fix crayon writing all over the walls before I moved in. Could have been them and just now noticing it.

Plumber just left and he had a hard time getting it unclogged but did get it functioning. He is going to suggest replacing the pipe from toilet to main line which is about 10' of pipe as he said it will happen again. Hopefully not while I am here since I am on a month to month until I can find a house to purchase.
tgivaughn
AG
You did the right thing!

https://rebrand.ly/bhfcxqv

https://rebrand.ly/xbbmjx8
IMHO and am sticking to it
BrazosDog02
AG
It's probably just not pitched quite enough. Either way, there is not trap and shouldn't be. The trap is built into the toilet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.