Arborist & Tree Service - San Antonio

966 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for recommendations of an arborist and tree service in San Antonio (near Shavano Park) to do an assessment and some trimming of our new place. According to the prior owner, we have:

• Texas Cedar Elm
  • Pecan
  • Chinquapin Oak
  • Mountain Laurel
  • Bur Oak
  • Red Oak
  • Crepe Myrtle

Two of the trees (I think both Red Oak) are fairly close to the house (see photos). No foundation issues reported, but I'm wondering if they should be removed anyway. Would lose a little shade on both sides, but I'd rather protect foundation if they're likely to become problems. For those that have removed similar trees, is it worth it to grind the stump out as well? Wasn't sure if main benefit is just cosmetic and how expensive that part is compared to just removal.

JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Didn't have any removals done but recently had some trimming and general overview of our property with davey tree and was really impressed. We are in new Braunfels, but I think it's the same crew for SA. Will definitely use again.
The Dog Lord
AG
Bump to see if anyone has experience with Etter Trer Care http://ettertreecare.com/web/team/
ag0184
I have used Etter Tree Service for the last 3 or 4 years. I have mainly dealt with Ed Etter and he is a great guy. Extremely knowledgeable and doesn't recommend unnecessary work. My guess is he is not the cheapest in town, but his company does an excellent job and I trust him. I have live oaks, monterrey oaks and montezuma cypress trees.
SA Ag 91
AG
Highly recommend Etter Tree Service or Burkett Arbor Service.

If you want someone to come "talk trees with you" David Vaughan is your guy. Has a masters from A&M. Great guy. Money well spent!!
The Dog Lord
AG
I appreciate the recommendations!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.