DIshwasher Troubleshooting

823 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Gary79Ag
saturn135
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher that is 5 years old. Model KDTE234GBS0. When started, the dishwasher will fill with water and then not continue with the wash cycle. I can hear the timer change cycles but no water is circulating through the spray heads. Dishes are as dirty as I put them in. Internet suggests a faulty pressure switch or temperature switch. Anyone with appliance knowledge have any other suggestions?
Gary79Ag
AG
Check with appliancepartspros.com. They've been extremely helpful for me in the past.

https://www.appliancepartspros.com/repair-help/
aka The Lavaca County Legend
OnlyForNow
AG
So... we had a similar problem, but it wouldn't fill all the way and then wouldn't obviously wash.

What ended up being the issue was a water leak from the door vent into the soap dispenser, creating an electrical issue, that fried the mother board...

Ended up being cheaper to replace to the damn thing versus repairing all the issues that fell out of that.
Lightning Dexter
I have a similar dishwasher that had those same symptoms. I tried to diagnose the problem myself using the internet with no luck. I finally called an appliance repair tech and he knew what the problem was after a few quick tests. Mine was a failed circulation pump/motor. It's one assembly. He replaced it and it is back working. I had the repairs done under warranty so not sure what it would have cost, but I'm sure it would be cheaper to repair than to replace. There is a diagnostic mode that you can put the dishwasher in, but it never gave me useful information.
OnlyForNow
AG
If it turns out it's a pump, post the part number I've got two good motors from my other dishwasher sitting around and would part them out.
saturn135
Update-I increased the temperature on my water heater and ran the sink until I received hot water, started the dishwasher and it ran the cycles fine. I'm thinking it's a temperature sensor problem.
cypress-ag
AG
This is weird, I've got an issue with my Kitchenaid and I came to post a question to see if anyone has an answer. I've been able to fix most of the issues but this one has me stumped. I can complete the cycle and the dishes are clean but I have about 1/2" of water remaining. If I hit he delete cycle, it will dump the water in about 3 minutes. Feel like it's a board issue but not sure. Nothing is showing for this issue on the web and I don't want to waste a service call on this. Anyone else see this happen? I clean my unit twice a year to clean out the crap but this can't be a drain issue as it drains when I hit the delete cycle.
Gary79Ag
AG
cypress-ag said:

This is weird, I've got an issue with my Kitchenaid and I came to post a question to see if anyone has an answer. I've been able to fix most of the issues but this one has me stumped. I can complete the cycle and the dishes are clean but I have about 1/2" of water remaining. If I hit he delete cycle, it will dump the water in about 3 minutes. Feel like it's a board issue but not sure. Nothing is showing for this issue on the web and I don't want to waste a service call on this. Anyone else see this happen? I clean my unit twice a year to clean out the crap but this can't be a drain issue as it drains when I hit the delete cycle.
Check with the experts at appliancepartspros.com. It's free info!!! They've been extremely helpful for me in the past.

cypress-ag
AG
Gary79Ag said:

cypress-ag said:

Check with the experts at appliancepartspros.com. It's free info!!! They've been extremely helpful for me in the past.

Thanks! Ordered the part and should be here by Tuesday! Big thanks to you Gary79Ag! Love me some Lavaca County as well.
Gary79Ag
AG
cypress-ag said:

Gary79Ag said:

cypress-ag said:

Thanks! Ordered the part and should be here by Tuesday! Big thanks to you Gary79Ag! Love me some Lavaca County as well.
Glad I could be of service! I swear by that website as they've saved me thousands of dollars, literally!

And the best thing is if the part they recommend doesn't resolve the issue, you can return the part for a full refund, no questions asked. That applies to all parts, including electrical and/or mechanical parts!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.