Anyone have experience resurfacing basement concrete floor?

9 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Hoyt Ag
Hoyt Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Currently in the process of ripping out the 1980s glue down linoleum to have a concrete floor in the basement (approximately 1200sqft). The current concrete is in pretty good shape, but am planning on laying down a thin coat on top for a cleaner finish. Once done, will stain accordingly. I would love to do wood floors or carpet, but the basement sometimes floods for various reasons, so concrete it is.

Just curious if anyone has any tips, product preferences or any other insight before I tackle this task. I have watched about every video online I can for the process and needed prep on current floor.

TIA
Beckdiesel03
AG
Could you not do a LVP waterproof floor since you mentioned you would love to do a wood floor in there?
Aggietaco
AG
So are you renting a surfacer or scrabbler to prep the floor?

If you're looking to stain, I would do something integral with the top coat. I would also likely call some friends in the industry to let me pay them to take of this for me...
mAgnoliAg
AG
1/4" overlay with integral color and gloss sealer on top. Also could do stampable overlay and do a stamp design.

Edit: stampable overlay is pretty expensive though. You would need anywhere from 50-100 bags depending on depth and it's $46/ bag. Full stamp/color/seal job would probably run around $12,000.
tgivaughn
AG
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100065084467330
IMHO and am sticking to it
Hoyt Ag
AG
After a lot of thought, I am probably going to go the LVP route. Should any flooding occur, its easy to replace anything. I dont think the resurfacing option is the best for this application.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.