Exterior caulk / sealants

3,217 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Aggietaco
bullard21k
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
txag2008 said:

https://assets.master-builders-solutions.com/en-us/masterseal-np-1-tds.pdf

I saw that on their website but guess I'm unclear exactly

If it's going to rain the following day based off that is it not advised to apply until you have a full week dryness?
Jason_InfinityRoofer
bullard21k said:

Thanks for all the help guys. I think I'm going to proceed with getting NP1 applied and get professional over as quickly as possibly to review case.

With guys that have used this stuff….

It's supposed to rain Saturday but i have some free time to apply the whole thing Friday mid day. Is that enough time to sufficiently dry/cure?

Yes. It is peteoleum based. It will stick to everything. It will skin quickly and cure fully in 24 hours. I have applied it MINUTES before a pop up rain storm and had no issues. It's good stuff.
bullard21k
AG
Jason_InfinityRoofer said:

bullard21k said:

Thanks for all the help guys. I think I'm going to proceed with getting NP1 applied and get professional over as quickly as possibly to review case.

It's supposed to rain Saturday but i have some free time to apply the whole thing Friday mid day. Is that enough time to sufficiently dry/cure?

Yes. It is peteoleum based. It will stick to everything. It will skin quickly and cure fully in 24 hours. I have applied it MINUTES before a pop up rain storm and had no issues. It's good stuff.

That's what I was after thanks again

I'll get this sucker calked up Friday and go from there
bullard21k
AG
Jason_InfinityRoofer said:

bullard21k said:

Got it calked up around 1 yesterday afternoon and we got a light rain around 10 AM this morning so almost a full 24 hours

I checked it this morning and under the tile of the scupper and on the corners of the parapet wall caps i went ahead and chalked those areas much thicker than the normal grout lines on the wall. Meaning there was much more globed up.

Those areas this morning were a bit spongey….meaning when I touched them they seemed rather squishy. Do you think once it gets some direct sun and dries out those areas will eventually cure and completely and harden up?

Jason_InfinityRoofer
It'll be a'ight.

It's cool, so, I said 24 hours it'll be cured but that may be a lie in cooler weather.

Let it ride and give it a couple of days. It won't be spongy later, it will be pliable but quite firm. Either way, it's going to be weatherproof as long as you don't fuss with it.
1990Hullaballoo
AG
NP1 never completely hardens It should stay "spongy".
I’ve seen them play since way back when,
And they’ve always had the grit;
I’ve seen ‘em lose and I’ve seen ‘em win,
But I’ve never seen ‘em quit.
bullard21k
AG
Thank y'all.

Yes I see what you mean. The normal beads are fully cured but still have some sponge and give to them.

It's the areas where I really put on extra where they are just almost squishy ball spongey. But after a few days those spots have gotten a little harder as well

Think we are good to go thanks for all the help to all
Aggietaco
AG
Glad the caulk is holding. Keep us in the loop if you venture deeper into this in the future.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.