Texags Straw Poll - Where would you put Refrigerator??

2,708 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by tgivaughn
one MEEN Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If I'm cooking alone: Fridge belongs at C.

If I'm on the couch watching football and want to grab a beer without feeling the wrath of a stressed cook whose behind on their meal (and who might accuse me of ruining my appetite by perusing the fridge): Fridge belongs at A.

B needs to become the wine chiller bottom half.

C, if not a fridge. will be either be where the coffee bar is or car keys, iphone charger, junk mail and knick knacks.
Forum Troll
AG
Everyone in the dining room is going to hear someone dropping a load in that powder room.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Forum Troll said:

Everyone in the dining room is going to hear someone dropping a load in that powder room.
That's why I always recommend the loudest fan you can get that moves a lot of air.

You'd rather hear a loud fan than your mom's splatter paint project.
spike427
AG
I have a floor plan very similar to this and my fridge is at A. I do tons of cooking and it works out very well there.
tgivaughn
AG
7 days later ... and the location decision IS .......?
Oh, do you get an equal vote with wife?
Who's the main chef? ... This is usually the one vote that trumps all others.
IMHO and am sticking to it
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Def c

Keeps the triangle and is out of the thoroughfare
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Who ****s the powered room? Animals?
lb3
AG
dubi said:

B and C are pretty equidistant to the island for meal prep, but C is closer to the dining table if that is the circle.

So I vote C because we put so many items directly from fridge to table.
This is the answer.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Not A. Keep that counter space clean.. great serving space for parties (think dips, chips, bbq when you're done and ready to serve). Add some outlets if not any on that backsplash/under cabinets. It's also a good size space to put groceries down to then load the pantry or fridge without interfering with your "main cooking area".

I'm indifferent on C and B. Agreed with other posters, how many people are REALLY going to the utility/mud room frequently? The "pinch point" concept isn't going to be that big of an issue, I think. If any interference with B, it's with the pantry.

C May be a bit of an eyesore from the living room but is likely the best location for your "triangle" and also being close to the eating area "nook" and out of the way from pantry, mud room, and cooking traffic. You're going to be grabbing lots of things from the fridge and taking to that table.
dubi
AG
Update?
tgivaughn
AG
Soooooooooooo
what WAS the result
after all these opinions?
... and who's vote trumped the others in your household?
IMHO and am sticking to it
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.